Bloated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie laid 21 eggs 1 month ago. She did fine and has been eating like a little piggy since. She has been pooping twice a day regularly for the past few weeks. The past few days, she began looking very full or bloated and I assumed at first she was going to lay her 2nd clutch, but I can't palpate any eggs. She feels empty. This morning she ate a few bites, but not too much and wouldn't poop. I gave her a warm bath and she started to poop and seemed to strain a little at the end.

I'm not sure if she is forming more eggs or if this is just normal readjusting after everything being smushed when she was so full of eggs. She is acting normal, basking and moving around, but her belly is very big. She weighs 298g. That's pretty normal for her. I know she swallows air when nervous, so she might just be doing that. Her belly just feels and looks large.

Any ideas on how to know if she needs medical help or is just beginning to grow her second clutch? I figured it would have happened by now.

107895-34591379.jpg
107895-1540071797.jpg
107895-755490787.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, she has a relatively high possibility of developing more, absolutely.
How much is eating anything right now? The amount of time in between clutches is usually 4-6
weeks, most of the time. What is her age?
Do you have her laybox set up for her, again in case she needs it?
I would be sure she has some extra calcium to help her out. She could be a little low from her
clutch last time.
Her tummy does look rather round so definitely keep an eye on her & watch her behavior too.
Hopefully if she is developing eggs or has them already she wont have any trouble with them!

Tracie

rnadler103

Original Poster
Drache613":clpzyobj said:
Hello,

Well, she has a relatively high possibility of developing more, absolutely.
How much is eating anything right now? The amount of time in between clutches is usually 4-6
weeks, most of the time. What is her age?
Do you have her laybox set up for her, again in case she needs it?
I would be sure she has some extra calcium to help her out. She could be a little low from her
clutch last time.
Her tummy does look rather round so definitely keep an eye on her & watch her behavior too.
Hopefully if she is developing eggs or has them already she wont have any trouble with them!

Tracie

Her laybox is ready, but she hasn't started digging at all yet. Last time I could feel all of the eggs and she's not there yet. She gets repashy sprinkled on her food a few times a week. Yesterday was 1 month since the eggs, so maybe she's getting ready again. She ate today and pooped a small amount. I'm just watching and waiting :)
Thank you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh sure, she might just be developing eggs & it can sometimes take awhile to get ready
to lay them. Just be sure she is getting plenty of UVB & calcium supplementation to ensure
her body is nutritionally prepared.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

rnadler103

Original Poster
Pretty sure she is very gravid. I don't feel the eggs as clearly defined as before, but I can feel some. She is eating voraciously and has 2 normal poops each day. It's been almost 35 days since she laid her first clutch, so I think we're close to number 2. I just think she must feel so uncomfortable.
She gets calcium powder on her bugs and veggies.

107895-5972014107.jpg
107895-763907074.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, she is most definitely round for sure! That is quite a pose, you need to frame that
one!
My guess is that she will lay pretty soon, as round as she is. Her demeaner & posture
doesn't look too bad, either, no black beard, etc. Has she eaten anything today?
Maybe if she runs around more & stays active, that might help her out also.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

rnadler103

Original Poster
Drache613":xawqj648 said:
Hello,

Oh my, she is most definitely round for sure! That is quite a pose, you need to frame that
one!
My guess is that she will lay pretty soon, as round as she is. Her demeaner & posture
doesn't look too bad, either, no black beard, etc. Has she eaten anything today?
Maybe if she runs around more & stays active, that might help her out also.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

She is still eating, but it's slowed a little. Still pooping. No digging motion yet.
Her little legs always crack me up. We call her our dancer- always points her toes :) I'll keep you posted! Lay box is ready when she is. I wasn't going to put her in until she starts digging, but maybe I should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom