bloated belly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebby757

So I talked about tiki, my rescue, in a previous post how I thought she might habe a uri and worms. Well I took her to the vet and turns out she did have whip worms and coccidia(sp?) So, her diet when I got her was just meal worms, so her belly was upset. So I got her started on dubia and fresh veggies and of course her meds. Well, about a month and half later her poo isn't really smelly but also smellier tha. Normal ..but her belly still really squishy, should I order some more meds inder the impression she has some worms left in there? She has the WORST attitude now bexause I had to gently pull down her chin to give her meds, she hates being messed with for long now. :/

Lenewen

Juvie Member
I wouldn't give her more antibiotics without running a fecal on her to check and see if she still has any worms. I don't think a week or so on most antibiotics is all that terrible for them but I have seen serious effects when they are given another round. You never want to do that unless you absolutely have to.

Hope she's feeling better. Switching to roaches should definitely improve things.

Cherie

Are you putting her on a rice sock at night? When Spike had worms I put him on a rice sock, wrapped him up loosely and put a CHE on him.

Cherie

The rice sock will keep his belly warm and help the meds work. Just fill an old sock with rice and warm it up in the microwave. 2-3 minutes. If you can hold it in your hand it is just right. I always used the CHE too to keep it a little bit warmer to help the meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom