blankets for beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kski

Hatchling Member
I've seen this quite a few times in peoples enclosures and I figured I'd ask about it. Do beardies use them? And if so do they go to them on their own? When will they use them? And do they poop in them? And finally what would a person look for when choosing one to put in there and what's the best place for one?

Thank ya!

My beardie utilized hers during the winter months when it got a bit cooler in her tank. Mine went on it on her own, though at night I used to cover her up with it to keep her warmer. I never had an issue with mine pooping on her blanket. What to look for....uh...mine was made out of kind of a furry velvet cloth. It was excellent in terms of heat retention, but I'm not exactly sure what brand it was. I always put my beardie's blanket in her log hide, where she went to sleep. Good luck! :)

-Sam

Momswims1

Juvie Member
I have a flannel one on my beardie girl's half log that she likes to sit on a lot, but a piece of tshirt that smells like us is, by far, all three of my beardie's favorite blankets. We just cut up old t shirts into large squares and that is what we wrap them in every night. We are in Florida, so it is more for comfort than heat.
We put them on our chest near their bed time, one for each of us, fold the blanket so that it is under them and over them to block any light out and....zzzzz....off they go every night into beardie dreamland. When their lights come on in the morning, they crawl out of them and go to bask. Sometimes they sleep late and we wake them up by rubbing their noses.
I LOVE MY BEARDIES!

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Havoc sleeps on his every night. He goes to it just before lights out, settles in and stays there until morning when the lights come back on. He loves his folded up towel, he can wriggle around so that he is between the layers, I don;t have to put him in and cover him up this way, he decided if he is warm enough or not and if he needs to get inside it or not.

kski

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've been holding Slevin more and more at night and letting him fall asleep on my lap and I've been loving it and he seems to too.

I'm mainly wondering what material to look for to make sure fibers wouldn't get caught under scales or have nails get caught in it and whatnot. Thanks a lot for all your comments so far.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I bought Puff a pink baby blanket from wal-mart. Its super soft and snuggly and she loves it! I hold her everynight till she goes to sleep then put her in her viv before I go to bed. I love my Puff!!!!

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
I just used a cutout square of a cotton t-shirt. :) he hasnt seemed to have any claw catching issues, and he loves it- he will go to sleep on it every night! Also, not sure if this is just my beardie, but he will only poop in one place in his viv, so i just put the blanket in a place he doesnt use as a bathroom XD

wizbee

Juvie Member
Boga has a stuffed lion that she sleeps on almost every night, she has a few small blankets I put in with her in the winter I think they are a flannel type material. They just toss in the wash!

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
I just use a washcloth, my wife told me I was nuts. I moved it to 3 different locations in the Viv on 3 different nights and each time, Nero found it on his own and slept on it.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Geico has 7 different blankies I made for him...2 fleece one with cotton batting in it and one without...5 cotton blankies 3 with batting and 2 without...each has a matching hammock and pillow I made for him and nighttime curtains <hes not spoiled> at night I burito him in his blankie and let him fall asleep on my chest, then put him on his pillow in his hammock..he stays there till the lights go on in the morning..for him I think it makes him feel secure to be wrapped up in his blankie. Since he lives in my office and the tv is on and my overhead light, the curtains hang on the outside of his viv blocking the light and activity in my office.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I bought fleece blankies from a friend for all 5 of my dragons. They sleep on them & then get covered every night. Means they don't get any light on then while sleeping. They're easy to wash & are very soft & warm. When I take any of them to the vet, they're wrapped in one so they can be calm during the ride. I've heard T-shirts or any other material will work. Beardies just like soft things to lay on, they're all funny that way!

ynevar

Juvie Member
My lil guys are getting over coccidia (FINALLY). My little one loves his blankie, so I have given him his softie a fuzzy material blankie at night only. Mostly because he just poohs everywhere, not that he has pooh on it. Just because I didn't want to have to boil it. So in the morning I take it out before he has the chance to go pooh. I took it away the other morning and he apparently was NOT ready to get out of bed. He black bearded me and if LOOKS could kill.. sheeeshhh! LOL My other one can take it or leave it, sometime he'll use the softie, sometimes not.

Funny and wonderful lil guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom