Black while eating ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dragon for some reason turns darker while eating ? Her beard doesn’t puff out but her head seems to get several shades darker . Not super dark but enough that I can tell . And she always does this while eating .

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

It is perfectly normal for beardies to get several shades darker when doing things such as Eating, Basking, Even running around will affect their colors. My three beardies always darken down a few shades lighter than their natural coloring while basking in the sunlight outside. You have nothing to worry about, But just to be on the safe side could you post some pics of her and her setup? https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ What Size tank does she have? What do you use as a substrate? What do you Feed her? Do you have a UVB light? If you do, Then what brand? T8 or T5? Coil or Tube? and How old are her lights?

-HippieLizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom