Black Spot under Neck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikaella17

Hi Beardie Lovers,

My little guy has a black spot lump under his neck and its been there for more than 10 days. We took a closer look by taking a photo and a bit of his scales look like its rotting and the tips are dry, crusty and old looking. We give him warm baths every week so when he is shedding it's a breeze.

I have made an appointment to see an exotic vet but was wondering if anyone knew as I'm worried about him and think it could be yellow fungus ?

47ddaf_f4d71862ef0f462ea8ca4ed296879c43~mv2.jpg

Would love to hear your feedback!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That doesn't look fungal, but anything is possible. You don't think he burned himself on
anything do you?
To be proactive you can get some anti-fungal cream such as lamisil or monistat to put on
that area, daily in the case it is fungal. Does it seem to be bothering him at all?

Tracie

Mikaella17

Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post

It looks like a burn but not sure how it would be, we have a heat mat in his cage but theres no other burns and he's on it everyday?

It looks like damaged/rotten scales he doesnt seem bothered by it.

Here is a close up of his scales.

47ddaf_371b79d22c3b4f6690bc70afcb965c71~mv2.jpg

Thank you for recommending the fungal creams.

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
Get some anti-fungal cream just in case. It does look like a burn. Personally I would get rid of the heat mat anyway as they are not good for beardies as they don't sense heat from below. They have been known to cause burns before. Get a basking bulb above for the heat source as they sense and absorb heat from above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom