Black spot on tail near body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicemom

Small black spot appeared several months ago. Has gotten larger and now has a brownish ring around it. Not sure if female bit him or maybe cricket bite or something else. Have been applying antibiotic ointment and black salve but not helping. Spot is now much larger (about the size of a nickel). Don't know what to do. He wasn't eating for a while but is eating fine now. Seems painful because he flinches when I touch the spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Sorry to hear about your little one.
It would greatly help the members identify the problem if you could post a picture.

Holly

nicemom

Original Poster
Tried posting a picture of my beardie with black spot. Hope this works and that somebody can help.
Thanks

anahikian

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You almost have the picture uploading down. You must not have copied & pasted the URL correctly. Here is a nice informative thread from a former Moderator regarding posting pictures from photo bucket.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37103

Have you separated your dragons then? Do you leave crickets in the tank with your dragon? If so, take them out at night otherwise, they will bite your dragon leaving them with a chance of getting infection.
A picture would be great. Continue to keep it clean & put the antibiotic ointment on the affected area.

Tracie

nicemom

Original Poster
Thank you to those who have replied. Here is a picture. Thank you, Tracie, for the video on how to do that!!
Ann

BeardieTail.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Ann,

Wow, that does not look good.
Do you have them housed together? I suggest trying to separate them just in case she did bite him & it is getting infected. Also, like I said, don't leave any crickets in with them as the crickets are extremely carnivorous & will bite causing infection.
What is your humidity in the tank?
Has he been on any medications?
That kind of looks like Yellow Fungus though. Is that the only area on his body but you said it was spreading?
I would honestly take him to the vet to determine if it is an infection or a fungus. It kind of looks like it could also be a bite, but do you see any bite or puncture marks on the underneath side of that area? A cricket bite could do that too, because they would nibble on a small sore making it worse. So there are several things that it could be. At the moment, I would keep it clean & use neosporin or polysporin on it to try to keep more infection away.
If you need help finding a vet, try http://www.herpvetconnection.com
If it is an infection, it will continue to spread until it is treated. If it is fungal, it will spread if it is not treated.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom