Black bearding and shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

norbertbd

Hatchling Member
Our beardie is about 9 months old. He's finally started shedding again after not have had a major one in about 4 months.

He's been in an almost continual state of shed for about 3 weeks. His tail and legs are on their third shed. Since this started he's black bearding several times a day, for no apparent reason. His last major shed we were on vacation, so a friend was coming in to feed him. I don't know if he did this the other time.

Is the black bearding a normal occurance during shedding, or is this more related to his becoming more mature?

Thanks

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Well a bit of both really!
Ruben always blackbeards whilst he's shedding. He does hate it and he likes to show me how much!

Also at around 9-12 months boys can hit 'puberty' where they become ratty little monsters. The bearding could be attributed to that aswell. They usually settle back down in about a month.

Holly

norbertbd

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks. It's good to know this is in the normal realm. I'm just glad he seems to be starting to grow again. He's on the petite side for his age. I think we got the runt of the litter, but he's really a cute, sweet little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom