Black beard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasinda

I just had Deja on his leash and was letting him walk around well the 3 feet that the leash can reach and he started to get a really black beard. Its the first time I saw it he didn't have any stressmark. I put him back into his cage because Im not sure if he was mad or scared. Can someone please let me know if the beard is a bad thing like was he scared did that make his beard black?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello there,
Dont worry ^_^
Black bearding is nothing to worry about unless it is prelonged for days.
Both males and females can blacken their beards but males tend to do it alot more often.
Dragons beard when they are cross, territorial or hormonal!
When he was out with you a noise or sight may have spooked him and he went into "im big and scary so dont mess with me" mode.

My little boy Ruben uses his bearding to great affect. I often get a big old black beard if Ive woken him up to early, not given him enough blueberries, or if im generally not paying him enough attention. His favourite trick is to beard against the glass, make me dash over and stroke him and soothe him, and what do you know? The beard vanishes in 20 seconds flat.
Men eh?

Holly

Kasinda

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply I guess I was just nervous because I had him out when he did it. I think he wanted to explor further then I would let him go. It was neat to see. But I was worried that i mad him mad or something. But when he didn't have the stress marks I got confussed. LOL

Thanks again. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom