Black beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad you're taking him to the vet, a little tug with him in water might just pull that out but best the vet check. No more enemas, I agree with ADHT, they are very wearing on your dragon and can be dangerous to his health.

Here's another list of food with lists of what else they can eat. I've been going back to that list for years. I know the owner that put it together.

www.beautifuldragons.com. Under Nutrition. There's a store, there, too, that has a scale I want to buy, it's guaranteed for life and since I have 5 dragons, I like to keep up with their weights. So much else on there and they're selling hammocks there now, too.

So let us know what the vet says. I think he'll feel much better without that thing hanging out of him. I still think it's a hard urate, I have 2 dragons who have that and I also use pumpkin to move things along. I think it works wonderfully.

So here's the mix I make, similar to yours but I add Carnivore Care for protein and extra vita/min. 1/4 tsp of each of the cares; 1 tsp butternut squash baby food, then liberally sprinkle with bee pollen (I put in alot), some water to make it easier to put in syringe. I mix with a whisk to make it very smooth, then I put in microwave to warm up 15 seconds. My Imp likes it warmed up, silly boy. It will stay fresh in the fridge for 3 days. It's alot like yours, though. Once that think is out of him, he could stand more protein, which is the Carnivore Care.

You are doing such a great job with him, for him to have moved that thing out of his body is wonderful. Keep up the good work and keep us updated, k? Also give him 2 baths a day for now, to prevent dehydration. If you want a recipe to add to the water to add electrolytes, just let me know, that can help with dehydration, if he needs it.

jessiepa

Original Poster
He had a big poop so I gave him a bath to keep the area clean. He basked afterwards. He passed Urate and the abstruction came out. What its its? Still going to the vet cause I want to know what it was
89962-8948603994.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like a seminal plug to me. I'm glad he passed it. They are relatively harmless though.

jessiepa

Original Poster
It was a hemepede plug and she removed the other one. He lost 20 grams since last time she saw him :(. Bee pollen and probiotics still not in.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hopefully soon. Mail can be so slow, but Tracie would have sent you a tracking#, see what's going on with her package.

I would recommend you add Carnivore Care to what you're feeding him. I sent you the recipe that I used to save Imp last Jan, he was having seizures and it cured him, he lived on that mix for a month. Gabriel, who's 6 1/2 yrs old, has an aneurysm in his belly, so he's on the mix, too, because he's not eating bugs very well. He has alot more energy since I started him on it, it's the mix of critical care and carnivore care that does the trick, bee pollen helps, too. If you live in the States you can buy bee pollen at any health food store, that would give you a bit until your order comes in.

I hope he feels better now that those plugs are out. Glad you got to the vet but not glad he lost weight. Keep us posted, k?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad he passed the seminal plugs, that was probably stressful since they seemed to have gotten stuck.
Is he done with the antibiotics?
Your package has processed through customs now, on the 14th, & processed through the facility. You should get a notice in your mailbox or you could go by to check so they don't leave it in your mailbox.
I hope he is feeling better soon! Did you mix up some food supplements for him also?

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

jessiepa

Original Poster
He is on the critical care carnivore. Last night we force fed him butter worms as we are really good at getting his mouth open now lol . Let me tell you he is not willing to open it either. I gave him the baby food squash with pumpkins as he loves the taste. I wish he would start eating on his own. The vet still wants me to bathe him everyday.

jessiepa

Original Poster
Although he is pooping she still wants him to get X-rays to make sure it is all gone. They are almost $300 and I already dished out $468. If he doesn't eat on his own in a month I will let her take a blood test. I figure it is brumating time and he wants to brumate and we are not letting him. It will pass when the warmer weather arrives. When I got him 9 months ago he was so dark and now he is so light. Is this his true color? His head shed and his head is still light. Does UVB make his color lighter? Just wondering

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, the sunshine from the UVB does make them lighter, even though when they're absorbing they can get darker for awhile, but then lighter after that.

I have 4 healthy males that won't eat on their own and I have to feed them bugs all the time. You get used to it and he just might start eating on his own. Leave bugs in a dish in his tank, greens as well, see what he does, but keep feeding him. You can mix the Carnivore Care and Critical Care with the squash and pumpkin, makes a nice mix. there's nothing wrong with having to feed your dragon, alot of people have to. My Castiel, when he woke up from brumation, refused to eat on his own, even though before he went to sleep he ate just fine from both bug and greens dishes. Not sure whey he changed, but I'm also hoping that by spring, they'll change their minds.

Just keep on doing what you're doing. I know all about how expensive it is for the vet. I've been rescuing dragons for 10 years and have spent thousands of $ over those years with sick dragons. An xray is a good idea, but give yourself some breathing room. That's alot of $ to fork out, but will still show if he's clear of any obstructions.

Thanks for keeping us all updated! I'm so glad those sperm plugs got out, that will make him feel better. Dailly baths will also help him and, of course, lots of snuggles!

jessiepa

Original Poster
I didn't get a tracking number. She didn't have the proper email address. It's giselemperrin0161@ gmail.com can you tell her to send it again please? Thank You

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I sent Tracie an email with the info from your last post. She'll contact you directly, k?
She works so will contact you tonight, she's very good at contacting her customers.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
You can email me anytime, but let know when you do receive your package!
It's ok to let him slow down some, it is natural. He will gradually increase energy again as soon as the weather improves.

Tracie

jessiepa

Original Poster
He is wanting to get out of his viv more and more everyday. He still not eating on his own. Still bathing daily. Still black beard but on rare occasion he gets the Cheetos beard that I love so much. I think once he decides to eat on his own he will be happier. Finished his antibiotics today.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
YEAH, this is great news that the antibiotics are finished. I'm glad he's getting more energy, Tracie's probiotic will do well with him, my Imp loves it!

Do you live in Canada? or the USA? I live in BC, Canada, near Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom