Bitten by the beardie bug and now....welll.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Brezzy99":rwpnzrfz said:
That's great she enjoyed going out! The green ring is really pretty. It looks like she is blushing with the peach coloring. She has grown so much!

-Sabrina

I was so happy. She is soooooo calm and is very content being on my shoulder. Sometimes I wonder if she is too calm. She likes exploring around the house but really likes cuddling and shoulder riding. She is a gem for sure!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She is gorgeous. Can tell that she likes her leash. Happy to hear that the car ride AND trip to Pet Smart went so well. :p She is quite the cuddler too. :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You do the car ride with beardies like we do. Put the leash on, put them on our shoulder then get in the car (truck in our case) and go. We've never had a problem with any of our girls not liking rides.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":1nq4pv7t said:
She is gorgeous. Can tell that she likes her leash. Happy to hear that the car ride AND trip to Pet Smart went so well. :p She is quite the cuddler too. :)

She did great!! Mom was more nervous than her!!! Gonna make the rides longer and longer. I really can't wait for this weather to be more consistent. She will be with me wherever I go.

I want to. Hiked an enclosure out of an old dining room hutch for work. I'm a photographer and have a studio so I wAnt to make it for there. I'm currently soliciting help since I'm NOT the crafty type. I know how I want to do it....now it's just executing it!!

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":3imo0bgx said:
You do the car ride with beardies like we do. Put the leash on, put them on our shoulder then get in the car (truck in our case) and go. We've never had a problem with any of our girls not liking rides.

Yup that's what I did. Don't go very far, it was a test of sorts.

Glad to know that you've never had a problem! That gives me more confidence!!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
PhotoBug":3hrby642 said:
beardie parents":3hrby642 said:

Yup that's what I did. Don't go very far, it was a test of sorts.

Glad to know that you've never had a problem! That gives me more confidence!!

Yes, and we have had a total of 7 beardies. Lil Squirt is our 7th beardie and her favorite spot has always been our shoulder. We were told that by the lady that sent her to us. She has always preferred the shoulder.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
7 beardies!! Wow.

I'm new to all this. I'm constantly checking on her to make sure temps etc are correct!! I'm getting more confident everyday!

Izzy Lu is a shoulder rider too. I can vacuum, do wash, cook etc all while she is perched on my shoulder! She loves to see what's going on!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What a coincidence and I hadn't realized it before Lori, but we've had a total of 7 beardies too and Loki (Lil Squirt is his sister) is our 7th.

Sounds like Izzy is really getting used to things and doesn't mind noise. :p

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Forgive me, Diane but I was under the impression that Loki is a male. You said Loki was Lil Squirt's sister. Did I understand that correctly? or did I misunderstand how you worded that?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You're right Lori, Loki is a male, guess i worded it wrong but have corrected it.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":3p11dzse said:
What a coincidence and I hadn't realized it before Lori, but we've had a total of 7 beardies too and Loki (Lil Squirt is his sister) is our 7th.

Sounds like Izzy is really getting used to things and doesn't mind noise. :p

Wow!! You've had 7 as well! So glad I found y'all. You've all give me such confidence as a first time reptile owner. I love reading and viewing everyone's pictures. When it's lights out, I pick up my iPad and head straight to beardeddragon.org!!!!

Izzy is doing great! After her bath this afternoon, I decided to pull out my food processor and shred some squash for her. She looked at it inquisitively at first then ran over to it. When it went off she looked at me as if to say "Turn it back on!" When I did, she dared to move closer. She is a curious little girl for sure! Always makes me smile!! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We are sure glad you found us. We can never do enough for beardies and their owners. :p

That's cute that Izzy was curious and interested in the food processor. Did she like the shredded squash?

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Nope........so far she is not a good green eater. :banghead: BUT as as was cutting up the collard greens she tried to take a bite of the green still in the bag....uncut!! Little stinker.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I just read your whole thread, glad you're enjoying Lizzylu. Beardies are all different, I have 5, 4 males and 1 female and they're all very different. My oldest, Lonzo, is 11 yrs old and my youngest Gabriel is 3yrs. Puff, Leo and Didi are all 6 years old. I've lost my share as I rescue them, but they were all very different from each other.

Lizzylu is just so cute and I love it that she's so curious. Mine like to be in the car, too. I love all the pictures, she's very photogenic and what beautiful colours. It'll be great when you have warmer weather, glad she enjoys the big outdoors. I live in an apartment but have a beardie proofed balcony, so they get sunshine most of the morning, they all take turns being outside. I love beardies, the snuggling is the best & the butt wiggle is so cute, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom