Biting Driftwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
I got a new beardie on Tuesday. He's 7 months old and in great health. I have a piece of driftwood in his viv (if you click the link for the live web cam in my sig, you can see it in the foreground, leaning up against his half log). I've observed him BITING this piece of driftwood several times per day, both on the web cam and in person. He really attacks it and bites at it, then he makes kind of a licking/chewing motion, even though I know he can't manage to actually break off pieces of it and ingest it, because it's just a solid piece of wood. Does this seem weird to anyone else? Why might he be doing this? Should I take the wood out of the viv for now? I'd hate to do that, because in addition to biting it, he also likes to climb on it.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
it says that it cannot find the stream. :/

i am not sure why they do this. i have read a few posts on here about young beardies biting the log, but no one has been able to answer why.
so it is kind of common.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Fixed! Apparently I just can't type, so I'd put the wrong address in my sig. Should work now.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
bunnyrut":3sucj5r7 said:
the live feed is what i have been wanting to do with Tasty Treat.

I love it because it lets me keep an eye on Bert all day, so I can get an idea of how much he's moving around, how much he's basking, and when he's eating his greens. I love how he attacks his greens as though they might fight back.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
ClydesGirl":ucigfuas said:
bunnyrut":ucigfuas said:
the live feed is what i have been wanting to do with Tasty Treat.

I love it because it lets me keep an eye on Bert all day, so I can get an idea of how much he's moving around, how much he's basking, and when he's eating his greens. I love how he attacks his greens as though they might fight back.
haha! Tasty Treat does the same thing. she seems so angry when she eats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom