Bit of Betadine in my Beardies Eye. Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So earlier today I was giving Smaug a betadine soak to treat a possible mite. As I was washing him, a small drop of the betadine-water solution got into his eye. There wasn't much betadine in the water, it was the color of light, weak tea. After that happened I changed the water to regular water and let him soak a bit in that to get all the betadine off of him and his eye (I very carefully put water around his eye on his eyelid using a Q-tip). It has been a few hours and his eye isn't swollen or discharging anything, he is just keeping it closed. Should I be very concerned even though it was a very small drop? What should I do if he continues to keep it closed tomorrow (I can't do anything right now since he is asleep for the night)?

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
His eye is just probably irritated. Try flushing out his eye with some saline solution :) I wouldn't worry too much, he probably just needs the eye flushed out

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
I use saline made for "sensitive eyes" on my animals. You could probably find some in any store with a pharmacy section :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom