Bindy | Hawkeye | Fawkes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
485861_10150858323907049_515052048_11719978_2044741624_n.jpg

Hawkeye was pretty bothered by something last night :p He ran around his tank blackbearding for 4 hours straight then CRASHED! Has been a lazy bum all day today hahah.

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
This handsome devil was in the local classifieds, his owners had to move and couldn't take him. Entire set up + Dragon (pretty sure he's a Hypo) for $220.

He may or may not be temporary, as I was scared his owners would put him to sleep if they couldn't find him a home before they moved Monday :(

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

Menolly07

Juvie Member
He's beautiful. How awful to have that possibly be the only option left... I have a hard time imagining how that could even be possible, but I suppose beardies aren't like cats, dogs and rabbits that can be surrendered to the Humane Society. :-(

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know :( I didn't know if that would be what they would do.. but sometimes people do what they have to do. :(

He's in good hands now :D We took him to the pet store to show him off and he was oogled over haha. So I am sure if/when we decided to find him a good home (at a leisurely pace) we would be able to :)

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
He looks like he was well cared for so that's a plus. Did the previous owners say how old he is? What's his temperament like so far, any ideas for a name?

-Kaleen

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's about a year. He was well cared for, only gripe was he was on sand. We removed that as soon as we got home. He was rather chill, we took him to the pet store quick to get a repticarpet and he did very well. No idea for a name yet. :)

Menolly07

Juvie Member
The bottom pic is amazing. He looks almost fake with the scale colour and nearly blue looking eyes. Gorgeous! You could call him George.

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Bahah he definitely has an old soul look about him. Still can't seem to settle on a name though =/ We've been letting him be because he hasn't been eating. Figure the relocation stress is getting to him. He does glass dance and make a mess of his tank though!

Last night was bath night, we definitely developed a good system.

My boyfriend cleans all the slate and tile in the tank, I bath the lizard :p I snuggle the lizard, then I steam the tank clean! Then everything is returned to it's rightful place and rinse and repeat for the next beardie :p All three tanks cleaned and lizards bathed in an hour and half. Kapow!

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Nice system! I bought both my boys and they are all my responsibility. My husband just don't have much interest. I don't mind they i love my boys! :D

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
A nice system there.At least there's some cooperation....hopefully. ^^; How's Hawkeye with live prey hunting? Or do you use a different means of feeding live prey? Just wondering. :p

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Awh thanks guys! It's definitely a lot easier when it is a team effort.

Uhm, actually Hawk is eating his crickets with a vengeance! He loves them! I put the tub in there to dust them and he tries to attack them through the tub :p

He's definitely done a 180 in that department. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom