Best way to store vegtables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublet74

Hatchling Member
I don't know if this has been posted before but here goes. Ziploc makes produce bags. I don't know why but I bought these and placed my collard greens in it. 3 weeks later they are just as fresh as the day I bought them. Of course you have to follow the directions for use but they really work. All other methods Ive tried my greens and fruits go bad in a little over a week. Just figured this might be able to help someone else. :)

scm133

Juvie Member
Whoa!! :shock: I need to find those bags. My greens never last long. I am always throwing them away. Thanks!! :D

Mt3

I've found collards and kale can last a few weeks in just normal ziploc bags so long as you keep them dry. Have you tried keeping dandelion or mustard greens in the produce bags? I'd be interested in how long they stay fresh.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I wrapped them up in several layers of paper towel and keep it in a Ziploc bag with holes in made on it, the veggies need to breathe that's why I poke holes in it. And the paper towel keeps excess moisture off of the veggies.

I hadn't thought about poking holes before.
I use generic tupperware for my veggies. I have a layer of paper towel on the bottom, layer my veggies on top, and a final layer of paper towel. They last anywhere from 2-3 weeks stored like that. I pick off the dying veggie, I think that helps.

I'm going to try poking holes in one to see how that works out.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
TwistedTruth":lu9vfq9x said:
I hadn't thought about poking holes before.
I use generic tupperware for my veggies. I have a layer of paper towel on the bottom, layer my veggies on top, and a final layer of paper towel. They last anywhere from 2-3 weeks stored like that. I pick off the dying veggie, I think that helps.

I'm going to try poking holes in one to see how that works out.

You can use a tupperware, too. that's what I use to do. It's just easier with the Ziploc bag that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom