Best way to disinfect tile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some tile in my basement and I got it cut to size for my tank. I want to disinfect it before I put it in my tank. What is the best way to do this? I would like to avoid baking if possible because I don’t want the chemicals on the glaze to react with the heat.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I Use a Vinegar/water solution for daily cleaning, But If you want to sanitize it, I Would maybe use the F10 Disinfectant that is safe for reptiles I Believe. I Don't really have a link or much knowledge of F10, But I've heard It's a good cleaner for beardies tanks. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Give it a blast with hose under high pressure to blow and any loose or solid stuff off the surface , then sit the tile in a bath of F10 for 30 minutes , then take it out and let it stand and air dry....all done in under 1 hour.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Just bought some of the F10 SD in the green bottle off amazon.com (it's a prime product) along with my shipment of 400 BSFL I get from an amazon supplier.

Anything I should know about the f10. Going to use it for the tile and glass on my exoterra LARGE WIDE enclosure.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
kingofnobbys":2ivm6wlq said:
Give it a blast with hose under high pressure to blow and any loose or solid stuff off the surface , then sit the tile in a bath of F10 for 30 minutes , then take it out and let it stand and air dry....all done in under 1 hour.
Oh Right! Blasting the tile with the hose (especially if you have a pressure washer attachment for it) Works great. I Totally forgot that part Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom