Best stone flooring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Hopefully tomorrow I am going to pick up a new 55g tank for Logan..
Im looking to use tiles or something like that..
I've done the reptile carpet and am gradually starting to dislike it,I like the look of the tile,and how easy it is to clean. Can I just basicly use any tile that I like?

Thanks!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I used just plain flooring tiles from home depot. I love them because they file the nails and are easy to clean up

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Just make sure that it is not the slick type. When you go look at tile just feel them to make sure they have some texture. Slate is a good material.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lindz0518":s7hk4prv said:
Just make sure that it is not the slick type. When you go look at tile just feel them to make sure they have some texture. Slate is a good material.
Great thanks! Going to try and head over to HD tomorrow!

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BigBallin":3tzzghm8 said:
I used slate and caulked with aquarium sealant
I wasn't planning on sealing it because of weight If I ever have to move it.. But I will look at their slate choices ! Thanks!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I didn't seal mine because I like the idea I can replace one if I need to or just take out the tile I want to clean

BigBallin

Lindz0518":1pj8aaxd said:
I didn't seal mine because I like the idea I can replace one if I need to or just take out the tile I want to clean
Why waste the time to pull them out and clean? Can just spray and wipe whole In the viv

Doublet74

Hatchling Member
Sealing the tiles is a process that closes the pores in the tiles. It makes them resistant to stains. You can seal the tiles and still remove them.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Doublet74":3ujsaajc said:
Sealing the tiles is a process that closes the pores in the tiles. It makes them resistant to stains. You can seal the tiles and still remove them.
I meant seal them in place, with caulk or aquarium sealant.

Doublet74

Hatchling Member
Lindz0518":2oxppezt said:
Doublet74":2oxppezt said:
I meant seal them in place, with caulk or aquarium sealant.
Gotcha !!!!!! Just wanted to make sure. Because if you don't seal them you will NEVER get them clean. Whether or not they are permanently in place.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
BigBallin":2ssuzkzo said:
I didn't do anything to mine except put them in. It's a natural stone so it will clean. I've had zero issues
Natural stone is actually very porous. So it is actually harder to get them clean. Each person just does thing their own way. It's about what works for the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom