Best Salad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering what you guys think would be the best ingredients (fruits/vegetables) to put in a salad to get whole bunch of vitamins. Thanks!

darwin08

Hatchling Member
For my dragon I give him carrots and some type of broccoli every day, with fruits that I switch every day. (apples, pineapple, grapes, pears) He really likes this type of broccoli that I give him, and I will have to get the name for you. Since he is a baby he really only eats the broccoli and carrots, but I put it in everyday so he gets used to it. All he does is lick the fruits though, never usually eats them. :roll: :wink:

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
You generally want your salads to be about 80% dark leafy greens (i.e. collard greens, endive, escarole, mustard greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens) and then the rest is veggies and a bit of fruit. Randal's salads are generally made of collard greens, dandelion greens and endive with d(usually) squash and pea pods mixed in. What I did was copy out the good foods from the list posted above and bring it with me to the grocery store. Different foods are available in different areas of the country so I found what is available in my area, and then tried it out to see what my dragon will eat. The three greens I listed are the ones I can always find around here, although I do mix in other greens and veggies for variety when I can find them.

darwin08

Hatchling Member
it was broccoli raab. But I gave him pea pods and butternut squash today, and it seemed like he loved the squash, so I think I might change it to his staple.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
my salad is usually slightly different (sometimes i will have carrots and strawberries with the leafy greens or squash etc.) but right now im feeding mainly collard greens with a little mustard green in there and yellow squash. he loves it and its really good for him.

dawnki

Juvie Member
I use mustard greens, kale, collards, mulberry leaves and carrots. Once a week I throw a mix in my food processor and add a sprinkle of water and a pinch of vitamin supplements. bruno seems happy with that.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
Hmm..
I have been feeding Spike just what is called Spring Mix. About everyother day I will add some veggies (he doesn't always eat it when I add veggies, so I quit doing it so much). The veggies are from either a bag of frozen mixed veggies, or a bag of frozen broccoli medley. I will thaw the veggies by running them under hot water (or soaking) and then cut them up and mix them into his salad.
I plan on adding more of a variety to this diet especially greens and fruits, but is this mainly okay? He loves it!
Thanks.

LQDragons

Juvie Member
dolphinsilversea01":28859 said:
Hmm..
I have been feeding Spike just what is called Spring Mix. About everyother day I will add some veggies (he doesn't always eat it when I add veggies, so I quit doing it so much). The veggies are from either a bag of frozen mixed veggies, or a bag of frozen broccoli medley. I will thaw the veggies by running them under hot water (or soaking) and then cut them up and mix them into his salad.
I plan on adding more of a variety to this diet especially greens and fruits, but is this mainly okay? He loves it!
Thanks.
I would stick with fresh greens & veggies just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom