Best place to get a nice custom viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Hi all,

I am starting to look for a bigger cage for Chief. I would like a 4x2x2. I'm not really interested in building my own. I would prefer someone in Florida or Georgia, so that I can just pick it up, as I assume shipping costs for something that big may exceed the cost of the actual cage. But I will pay shipping for the perfect viv.

Any suggestions?

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
I have considered building 4x2x2 melamine cages to sell, but the shipping charge to ship something that heavy would be insane :roll: .

I actually need to build 2 more for myself.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
MrWhite":in14izcr said:
I have considered building 4x2x2 melamine cages to sell, but the shipping charge to ship something that heavy would be insane :roll: .

I actually need to build 2 more for myself.

I know! I've seen quite a few good ones for about $150-160, but the shipping costs $150, so it doubles the price of the viv

MissT

BD.org Addict
I had my 4x2x2 vivs shipped over from England which isnt exactly easy but it only cost me about £20 to have that done.

Try looking for viv builders on somewhere like craigslist etc

MissT

BD.org Addict
Dear me, those are expensive! In total, I spent £145 on a fully assembled 4x2x2 - whats that, just under $250??

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
to build my own, it costs under $140 in materials ... $42 of that is the glass. of course I spend about $200 on tools but I knew I was going to build more than one.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I found a local place..... Dragons4You.com. They're only about an hour away from me. A 48L x 20W x 17H is $315 shipped, so I assume I will save quite a bit if I pick up local. I sent them an email to see what they say. Does anyone have experience with them, or cages made of ABS, instead of PVC? Do these looks good to those of you more experienced than me?

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
my question would be "are they still in business?" their last batch of available dragons was in 2007. I would give them a call.

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
custom cages are still in business but i wouldn't buy from there you have to put the cage together your self,no thank you lol

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
HI!
@ Chief -
actually i JUST recieve my new viv from Dragons4You .... he is in Webster FL, and his name is Jimmy, SUCH A NICE GUY and i am ine LOVE with the viv!!!!!
I got the 48x20x18 and though a LITTLE more height would have been great, i chose to go with his vivs, and i have to say Jimmy does an amazing job. That man can wire anything together!!! And he's really easy to talk to on the phone, just call him :)
The viv's are made of AVB and they hold heat wonderufuflly, and hold the light beautifully. Blue LOVES her new viv, and i LOVE it even more i think ha!
i will put a pic up if you want to see what his vivs look like, just let me know :) :) :) :)
~Emily

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Emily! Pics would be great! Glad to hear you're satisfied with your viv. Now I can't wait to get mine. Did you get it in White or Black?

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
hi hi :) :)
well, originally i wanted the black, but after we talked about it, i decided to go with the white b/c it makes things POP ya know? brighter. not that the black is bad at all, it think it could "go" with more in a house ya know? BUT, i am really happy that i went with the white :)
and it was easy to customize what fixtures i wanted in it and what not, jimmy was really easy to work with!
here are some pics and plzzzzzz excuse the butchered all to hell background i put up, it was all i had atm!!! SO EMBARASSING! ha. :shock:

We are working on the decor, its not how i want it set up right now but its a work in progress, still working with the temps and the humidity levels and all that. going thru different wattage bulbs to get it just right, and all that stuff that comes along with a new viv! Knock on wood but she has shown NO relocation stress...maybe she REALLY hated that 30 gallon clunker she just switched out of as much i did ha!!! :D
Any questions just fire away!!!
~Emily and Bluesy

100_0593.jpg

100_0594.jpg

100_0596.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom