Best heat bulb brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
I have been using the zoomed 100W basking spot bulb ever since I have gotten my beardie and they never last long. I have to replace it every few weeks, which isn’t ideal for me seeing I don’t live within 2 hours of a pet store. I researched it and saw that more people were having this problem as well. I have to get the 75 W from Walmart for now until I can get someone to go get the 100 for me, but is there a good brand that will last a bit longer?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am using the Exo Terra bulb -- they seem to last for several months but they burn hot too so I am sure that is why they only last so long--- I dont know if there is any good bulb out there - others are using halogen flood lamps - I tried it but it was way too hot but I also did not have it suspended above the tank so that is why it got so hot - mine sit directly on top of the screen -some others on here might be able to give you ideas on brands
Karrie

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I don’t have a lot of room above my tank for the ones you must suspend above. I will try the exo terra! I got the zoomed about a month ago, and it has already burnt out. Thanks!

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":1fayds2e said:
I am using the Exo Terra bulb -- they seem to last for several months but they burn hot too so I am sure that is why they only last so long--- I dont know if there is any good bulb out there - others are using halogen flood lamps - I tried it but it was way too hot but I also did not have it suspended above the tank so that is why it got so hot - mine sit directly on top of the screen -some others on here might be able to give you ideas on brands
Karrie
You use the Exo Terra intense basking bulb right? I use the same and it works well for me.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I'm currently using a 75W incandescent flood. If I had a different fixture, halogen is OK too (they burn out in a day or two in current fixture).

I prefer a flood to a spot, because they spread the light out wider, giving a range of basking temps, especially if you can mount them at an angle to the basking surface (rather than straight down). I've tried a number of brands--so far all have worked fine.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No the bulb is a Exo Terra 150 watt and it sits on the top of the screen -- I get them when Petsmart has them for buy one get 50% off second- at the moment they are using the Exo Terra 100 watt because it has gotten so hot - even w/ my A/C running I had to down grade the bulb strength --- they will go back to the 150 this winter plus I run 100 watt CHE's as well - it keeps the tanks around 70 at nite during the winter months -- we live in MN so its cold here
Karrie

Ok. I am using a 100w now and it sits on top of the screen on my zen habitat. It’s keeping temps right around 95-97. I put a kinda tall log in for him to get closer to the light.

I had the light fixture hanging inside, but it was just too hot. So I moved it to the top of the tank.

I know this winter I will need a 150w and I have CHE for night time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom