best diet not including live food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyNavel

Erok is right. Having a pet is a time and money consuming ordeal. But you mentioned that he is a year and a half old and that makes him an adult dragon. You can definitely get away with only feeding him live prey a few times a week. The pellets are a great way to get a bit more protein into his diet. Just make sure you offer veggies daily and dust the live prey every time you do feed him those. Superworms could be a good option for you. Order them online and you'll save quite a bit of money for sure.

djmeagher18

Original Poster
if you read the past messages i said that im still going to but i was trying to find out if you could lean away from live a little bit. hes going to keep getting live food though im actually in the middle of ordering it right now

djmeagher18

Original Poster
i do feed him live food and im going to keep doing it i was just curious if you could lean off it a little bit i can afford them its not a big deal keeping them here they stay in my closets and everything is hidden so nobody is going to know. also i dont do much i always have time and im always taking care of my pets ive never had an unhealthy reptile until the iguana i bought that had internal parasites but i just brought him to the vet and they gave him medicine

FuzzyNavel

It's okay. We aren't accusing you of being a bad owner. I apologize if it came out that way. Since your beardie is an adult you can lean off live prey a bit. Feed him what you can and he'll be fine. They are pretty hearty animals. Just stay on top of your supplements like calcium and multivitamins and make sure he has a good uvb light. Other than that, it sounds like you have things under control.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
What'll be even easier for you would be to order 500 or 1000 supers at a time and get them shipped to you. The 500 should last you a few months and the 1000 might last you half a year. I feed 7 every other day to my adult and he gets veggies every day. You won't have to deal with crickets anymore and the superworms just need a tub of oatmeal and carrots for moisture.

Burra

Hatchling Member
Pellet food does supply protein and nutrients, but I don't think there are any studies done on beardies eating it as their only source of protein. What I'm trying to say is I personally would still feed live food at least once or twice a week along with recommended veggies from the beautiful dragons food list. Have you tried the canned food? They have canned crickets and worms. I would stay away from the freeze dried ones, the lack of moisture can constipate some beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom