berdie small

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

i have had this berdie for about 3 months. i was told he was 2 years old but he is only 16 inches and im reading on the site that people are saying that their dragon is 16 inches and is a year old and is small. also he will only eat every other day is that ok( like if i feed on Monday he refuses on Tuesday but on wendsdays he will eat right up). he eats about 20-25 in a 10 minute sitting and i feed once every other day so he gets about 23 crixs every 2 days. but he will eat a big bowl of salad a day, make up of , green leaf, kale, and collard greens. sorry for so much questions but i just want to make sure he has a nice and healthy life.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
It is totally normal for them to stop eating feeders everyday as they get older. My 11 month old will always eat his salad, but doesnt eat as many feeders as he did when he was little. I know some will only eat once per week once they are full grown. He knows what he needs to eat so keep offering feeders everyday. He may go through a growth spurt and decide to eat on his off day and surprise you. I would not worry about his eating unless he starts losing weight.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
I wouldn't worry about the feeders just keep offering he will eat if he wants them. keep an eye on his weight as Quigleysmom said. Also go to www.beautifuldragons.com and look at the nutrition page it will give you some ideas of some things you can use in his salads since he is eating more salad. It will also tell you things that are safe and not safe to feed for your dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom