Belles stomache infection update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would pop in for an update. If this is the wrong section I do apologize. Anyways, awhile ago I posted a bit about my Belle having a GI infection
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=204726
Well its been a few weeks and after her Baytril her White Bloodcell count came down slightly but not enough. So her vet put her on Naxcel via shot everyday for 2 weeks then rechecked her count. It went up again unfortunately, so we are now in the middle of another round of Naxcel for 10 days. Its a good thing I'm not needle shy (parent to diabetic child). She goes in for yet another blood draw tomorrow to check her count. Could someone please tell me the "normal" range for a white bloodcell count in a beardie please? Her last one stated 16.5. She has lost a total of 19g, but she is eating more. She now eats about 3 large dubias a day and a good helping of greens dusted with calcium and Ben-Bac powder. She loves her fruit pedialyte mixed with acidophilus, she gets daily only while on her meds. Her colors are still bright and happy, still basks normally and very active, favorite game, I think, is literally running over my 20lb cat who is terrified, yet very protective, of her.
Anyways sorry if the post is a bit jumbled, the stress of a sick lizard and moving this weekend is just taking its toll on me. Thanks again for all the advice and cares. It really does mean a lot to me. I will post again when I get the new results.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is too bad Belle is having such a hard time with a GI infection.
As far as the white blood cell count goes, a good range or normal range is 2-10. What had they come down to after they re-tested?
It sounds like though, she is eating very well & looking good so hopefully she will kick this soon!
Let us know how the re-test on the blood turns out.

Tracie

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
Hey all good news!!!!
I just got a voicemail from Belles vet and her bloodwork came out normal!!!!
No more infection!!!! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:
They didn't give the exact white blood cell count tho, so I will have to call tomorrow when they open.
I am just so happy and relieved. I wanted to thank all of you who gave advice and kept her in your thoughts.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful news! :D
I am so happy Belle's infection is all gone now. I am sure she feels much better too.
Is she eating well also?
Thanks for the updates, too!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom