bedtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I spoil my dragon brenda to pieces but I'm just curious I let my dragon brenda sleep in my bed with me she has a hot water bottle between two pillows then when it's bed time I'll put the hot water bottle under the bottom pillow and she will go between the two pillows at night and sleep my nabiour says I can kill her by doing this because it will be to cold for her now obviously I don't want my little brenda baby to die but then I don't want her all alone at night in her viv so I'm just looking for advice really...

Zuzu

I wouldn't advise doing this with really young beardies, maybe juveniles.

I've let Eren sleep in my bed with me once before, making sure that he was in a spot on my bed where I wouldn't, say, roll over and crush him. Unless it gets really cold in your house, a hot water bottle or heating pad is not necessary. They don't need basking temps at night. If it does get really cold, or it is during the winter, it's better to just keep the beardie in the tank with a heat emitter.

Keep in mind the dangers of sleeping with your beardie when choosing to do this. No one wants to accidentally harm their pet, or have them run around without supervision while we are sleeping.

Any time I let Eren sleep outside of his tank (he loves to sleep behind my computer monitor), I make sure to set my alarm to a time before he wakes up, so I can put him back in his tank before he fully wakes up and starts roaming.

brendathedragon

Original Poster
thanks for your reply mate and she goes to sleep and Wake up about 30 mins after me as I get up turn her light on let her viv warm up then wake her and put her in her viv.

I can't roll over her as she's on the other pillow and I've never ventured to that side of the bed in my sleeps as it's a king size so she has plenty of space.

roddy

If it gets cold in your bedroom a hot water bottle is a bad idea as once it cools she will be sleeping on a cold surface, you know you can buy electric blankets that only warm one side of a bed and have thermostat contols, this could be a good alternative.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They do pretty well sleeping in their enclosure alone. Especially if they have a nice soft fleece blanket to lay on (although they seem to be fine in some very odd/uncomfortable looking positions. As long as the temps in the tank stay above 65 overnight she will be fine. If it drops below that, I'd set up a ceramic heat emitter or heat projector to run overnight and bump the temps just a little bit. I don't push my overnight temps above about 73.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
really bad idea....

You could perhaps put beardie into a bedside chest drawer with a hotwater bottle - least she wont be risking being crushed or pushed out of the bed or suffocated accidentially by you in your sleep.

Really the best approach is to warm her tank overnight ( CHE controlled by a thermostat to keep the tank warm ) and perhaps a heatpad placed under / between some ceramic tiles and place under her hide , again this would need to be controlled by a thermostat (I'd recommend setting the heatpad's thermostat to hold a heatpad temperature of 36-27 degrees Celsius).

It'd also spend a little extra on household heating and keep the house or at least the room the tank is warm overnight (better than 22-24 degree Celsius) , set the room thermostat a bit higher !!!

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I take my youngest dragon to bed with my every night and have done so for months.

I sleep hugging onto a clumped up blanket (kind of like a body pillow?) and place him on the blanket near me to snuggle. Once I begin to fall asleep, I move him onto my night stand that has a fleece blanket that I fold over him. He sleeps peacefully and I wake up before he does on weekdays, take him back to his enclosure, and get him under the basking light.
On weekends he occasionally will wake up before me, but he waits in "bed" until I'm up and put him back. Simon, my oldest, will wake up and take off, so she's no longer taken to bed with me.

I can't tell if he's spoiled or if I am. I can't go to bed without him.

magpieandstuff

Hatchling Member
I have Reptar sleep in a dog bed next to my bed. That way I can check on him in the middle of the night. The dog bed is on a stand, so he is off the ground and I can keep an eye on him. I am way to afraid to let him sleep in the bed with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom