Bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I'm using a white grass seed mullet that passes right threw them. It doesn't hurt them at all and doesn't clog them either. But I was wondering what u beardie parents use as a bedding for your babies

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have two ceramic tiles with fleece blankets over one of them for a soft space and to allow some digging/burrowing.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Rex's tank = DIYS Perspex with timber frame tank , bedding = old pre-used ceramic wall tiles loosely laid with paper toweling under her salad bowl.

Peppa and Toothless are still in their 100L clear plastic stackable rearing tubs, paper towels for bedding.

George and Mildred (Bluetongue skinks) in DIYS Perspex with timber frame double decker , bedding = mix of course Kritter's Krumble + natural leaf litter (collected from my front yard from under my big bluegum tree) , they love burrowing through the fibrous bedding and often make a nest to sleep in rather than their half log hides overnight.

When I had water skinks it was 100L tub during the day, with bedding of mixture of playsand + medium Kritters Krumble + gum leaf litter + some lawn clippings , they love burrowing . Bed-tub was a separate 10L tub with paper toweling bedding and lots of different levels to encourage exploring (I'd regularly rearrange this - and they really enjoyed exploring the new layout)... They also liked a smaller tub to sleep in , or watch us from while on the coffee table with their lid off or to watch tv from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom