Beardy poopies

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
:lol:
Okay so, I know beardies all have their own individual scheduals for going to the bathroom and have their own norms. But you know, Im' new so .. I have a question thats probably been asked at least a zillion times over. Im' sorry. But here it goes.

How often should a sub adult or older juvie go? Heli is 10 months old, is over 500 grams, and eats almost nothing but buggies. What would be normal? Is it okay if he goes only 2x a week being that he eats like a pig each day?
A while back he used to go every other day, but now its down to this. Once in a while he'll go five days without going and I panic and the massages commence. LOL. If I can wait a bit longer before resorting to this, Im' sure he'd appreciate if you tell his mommy to let up. Or if its a good thing I jump in because it possibly would stop impaction, the mommy would appreciate being told that as well.

I just didnt' know if his schedual has changed to 2x a week and its okay and I'm being ridiculous and need to relax, or if I should keep up with watching with a vigilant eye and pushing for better poopies.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
I'm not sure.... I have a 5 month old who goes once every day. I put her in the bath every day, where she does her business.

scm133

Juvie Member
Hugo is 7 months & 444 grams. He goes every two-three days. I noticed when I let him out to run around the room, he will go every two days. I also give him a bath every other day. Exercise and warm baths seem to keep his plumbing working. :laughing6:

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was giving him baths every other day. But if he doens't go in 48 hours, its every day lol. He is NOT an active dragon i mean oh my gosh its bad. He wont even move in the tub. So thats a good suggestion to get him moving. I get so scared of him having an "accident" in the house that if he hastn' gone in two-three days I dont let him roam at all. I probably dont let him roam nearly enough. The silly boy just wants to climb up on me, onto my shoulder and neck and stay there ALL day. I guess I need to give him a shove, get him moving.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm hoping others chime in and tell me how old their dragon is and how often they poop.

How strong should a dragons poop smell by the way. I mean they stink right?

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Emerson is 8 months old and poops once a day and I think there was one day where he pooped twice that day. He always poops on his basking spot and then looks at me to clean it up so he can go bask again. I tried telling him if he just pooped somewhere else it wouldn't be a problem but he won't listen :p

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Both Em and Geico go once a day sometimes twice and usually in the bath. If they do go twice they both go under their hammocks where i have to take the hammocks out and spot clean the area and disinfect it.

CollinP

My bearded dragon is two and a half months old and goes two times a day :shock: ahahah. I take her out lay down a paper towel and then she goes. She will also poop in her baths which are every other day

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wooooooooow. All this work, and still no change whatsoever. Un..real. I still think if he'd just switch over to a more normal diet for a nearly 12 month old, it would fix things. I've been trying a bit of tough love too with no luck. As far as compensating with slurries, he's only taking a half teaspoon now .. I dont want to force, or he'll stop eating that all together. Being that he wont lick water, thats his only extra intermal fluid. Well, when he gets a better diet ... I'll let you know if this resolves.
I'm beat. And my poor son is turned off from Beardies forever lolol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom