Beardy not looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boosted

So I have two bearded dragons they used to live together but are separate now. I noticed the littler one slowly stopped eating as much so that’s why I decided to separate. Which is a good thing. They have been in separate cages probably 2-3 months. They can’t see eachother. The male lizard is thriving and doing fine. The female does not want to eat. She will eat one cricket ever 2 days or so. She will drink water when given a bath. She looks very unhealthy and skinny. She likes to be out of her cage and held. When she is in the cage she looks pretty bad. Is there anything to help. She doesn’t try to eat anything else. Any suggestions would be great help.

Lady just got home and says she doesn’t open her eyes and doesn’t grab on when she got picked up. I think she’s hitting the end of the road

Thanks for any help

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh boy, is she still alive ? How long has she not been eating ? If you have a qualified reptile vet they might be able to help her, in the meantime try to syringe feed her some baby food squash + green beans with a bit of Pedialyte. A vet can prescribe Oxbow Critical Care supplement for her, but she looks very bad and may not make it. Something going on there + her being small makes testing + treatment more difficult. I'm sorry this has happened to her.

Boosted

Original Poster
it has been a couple of months. she has not shed in a few months and her poop is a majority white stuff. in the early stages of her going down hill when she would poop actual liquid was most of it. clear looking liquid. even then she still seemed ok just not eating alot. how do you feed them with a syringe do you pry her mouth open or what.. i dunno what a vet would charge for this stuff definetly dont have extra money for it unfortunatly. she is still alive didnt move all day my lady says her breathe is very faint .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It may be too late but you can try. Just wiggle the tip of the syringe in the side of her mouth. Depress the plunger VERY slightly until you see her swallow. It's tricky because depending on how bad she is she may not make the effort to swallow and it could choke her. So be very gentle + slow.

I wonder if she was impacted at some point .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Impacted ? Like severe constipation. If a baby beardie a cricket that was too big or some mealworms it can happen, as well as loose substrate like wood chips, crushed walnut or calcium sand. Then they can't pass it through the digestive tract.

Boosted

Original Poster
is crushed walnuts bad for them then?

i also noticed that she will not eat anything in her cage. the only way should would eat even 1 cricket was outside the cage. can bearded dragons be traumatized by the caged that they were in together? its always crossed my mind

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, very bad if they accidentally eat it. It is not digestible as claimed, it is very hard to pass through the digestive tract. If you Google " bearded dragon impacted with crushed walnut " you'll see terrible autopsy pictures. Too bad the manufacturers are happily still selling it.

Boosted

Original Poster
that is very unfortunate of that.. do some bearded dragons do better with that stuff then others. the big male is doing great with walnut sand poops alot and eats everything

Boosted

Original Poster
My lady said she’s dead now ? Stomach is caved in I guess. :( she will probably leave her there till I get off in a few hours and I’ll check. I’m sad :(

Ok LISTEN HERE
One of my bearded dragons, Scales WAS kinda like that before, She was not active. Turns out she has metabolic problems.
YOUR beardie probably has one too seeing how skinny she is!

Is she getting enough UV lighting?
Does she get any calcium when eating?
And get some calcium syrup from the vet and give it to her every morning! :D
Please tell me if this helps, I wish you good LUCK! :D

Boosted

Original Poster
LuckyPogona":2va3cef6 said:
Ok LISTEN HERE
One of my bearded dragons, Scales WAS kinda like that before, She was not active. Turns out she has metabolic problems.
YOUR beardie probably has one too seeing how skinny she is!

Is she getting enough UV lighting?
Does she get any calcium when eating?
And get some calcium syrup from the vet and give it to her every morning! :D
Please tell me if this helps, I wish you good LUCK! :D

what did you do to determine that yours had a metabolic problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom