Beardy Needs New home SF Bay Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 3 month old Sick Bearded Dragon. The vet says it seems like metobolic bone disease and they want to run more tests. Unfortunately I do not have money to keep taking him to the vet. If there is anyone out there that really loves bearded dragons and wants to take and care for a sick one to save its life, please email me. I will give him to you for free if you promise to care for him! I have done the best I can, with the right lighting, liquid calcium the vet gave me, and I didnt use sand so he wouldnt get impacted. Please help save this little guy.
my email is [email protected]

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Thank you Chel for your vote of confidence in trusting little Picche to my care. It is still touch and go. The only flaw in his set-up was the cfl bulbs, and that will be corrected before Chel takes either him or one of my little ones, probably Buddah. She did everything else right, taking him to one vet when he had a problem, and going to a second vet when the treatment from the first vet did not improve the situation. The way the vets treated him, both unaware of the hazards of the CFL bulbs, and the second giving him Albon and Panacur at such a young age, 3-4 months old, is part of the problem. The cfl UVBs should really be taken off the market, as their continued availibility is a hazard to all dragons. I have not seen a little dragon with MBD as severe as Picche's, horrible swelling and deformities in all his limbs, but he has a bright-eyed little attitude which is what he needs to pull him through this. I am a little limited in my ability to post pictures right now, but hope to be able to post some later this week. I have him under a SolarGlo MVB, and the temps are between 100 and 105 basking, 85 at the cool end. I am keeping him hydrated, baths and misting, and have gotten a little benepac in him, along with his Neo-calglucon, which he really likes. A few phoenix worms, and a couple of silkworms, but he is still eating very lightly, no veggies yet, and I am hesitant to force his jaw, for fear of breaking his little jawbones. Everyone please, keep fingers crossed, knock on wood, and say a little prayer for Picche! :love5:

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
:cry: I am sad to say that Picche passed away yesterday afternoon, sweet, fragile little baby, so gnarled and twisted, free now without pain. He seemed fine, had a little water but no food, was looking around, and when I came back by, half hour to an hour later, his eyes were sunk in and he was gone. I am certain his decline was started with the ReptiGlo 10.0 compact fluorescent bulbs, and all the calcium went for nothing with those bulbs. We are going to get a post-mortem on him, and find out definitely what caused his death, as Picche had people who loved and cared for him, and these bulbs should be recalled.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Rest in Peace little Picche :cry: I probably shouldn't read these while I am at work.

Thanks to all who loved him. At least he was not alone.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
I have the results from the pm and Picche had gout, rather than the metabolic bone disease. There may have been a congenital defect in the kidneys, and the Albon from the first vet probably pushed them toward failure. I will get a printed copy later and post or pm for anyone with more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom