Beardy loves his greens, not his protein

Status
Not open for further replies.
He so I have a baby bearded dragon that I got about 2 weeks ago.

He is roughly 6 inches

Normally he eats 3-5 small/medium dubia roaches, and then will not eat anymore.
The strange thing is that he loves to eat his greens and will eat tons of collard greens.

Is this bad that he isn't getting a lot of protein?

Thesubwild

Original Poster
Today he once again ate only 5 roaches and then will eat his collard greens and will eat more if i try to hand feed them to him..

Is this bad???

ruben0311

Juvie Member
since he is little he needs to get his protein in so he can build muscular and skeletal weight. its awesome that he eats his greens though. keep feeding him as you are though, he knows what he needs as his appetite makes him eat what he needs. do you feed him separately? like feeders first and then greens? or are they both available at the same time? maybe if you separate the feedings a bit he'll eat more feeders since he doesnt have a big option. dont give too much though as you'll want to keep him eating those greens.

Thesubwild

Original Poster
ruben0311":2i3xa6og said:
since he is little he needs to get his protein in so he can build muscular and skeletal weight. its awesome that he eats his greens though. keep feeding him as you are though, he knows what he needs as his appetite makes him eat what he needs. do you feed him separately? like feeders first and then greens? or are they both available at the same time? maybe if you separate the feedings a bit he'll eat more feeders since he doesnt have a big option. dont give too much though as you'll want to keep him eating those greens.

I usually put the roaches in a small container that he jumps right into and gobbles up, and while that happens i get the greens ready, and just leave them in there all day. I also put some juvenile pellets with the greens as well.

Should I not leave the greens in there all day, or should i continue to do it the same?

ruben0311

Juvie Member
definitely continue to leave the greens in, try and give him more feeders if you can and see if he continues to eat them. if not then just make sure you have vitamin supplements you are using on the greens

Thesubwild

Original Poster
ruben0311":3r1i6p2u said:
definitely continue to leave the greens in, try and give him more feeders if you can and see if he continues to eat them. if not then just make sure you have vitamin supplements you are using on the greens

which vitamin suppliments would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom