beardy leaves my hands irritated

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombies

after i hold one of em my hands start to have a burning n kinda tingly sensation .. i have 2 n only one does it .. i bathe him regularly n i keep the cage clean .. after i wash my hands the feeling goes away a bit ..
my question is :banghead: .. it also feels oily idk wuts up

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Wow....that is odd! I have never heard of that happening before. Hopefully, someone can help you with this.

Good luck!

Dawn

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Some people can have a reaction from beardie scratches however its generally not cause by the beardie but by the substrate they are on.Are you using a different substrate for one then you are for the other?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello again,

I didn't even think to ask if those were scratches you were getting from your beardie. Is the beardie scratching you or is it just by holding the beardie. I assumed you meant when you are just holding your beardie your skin reacted.

My skin gets irritated from any animal scratches. Like Vicky said...it very well could be the substrate your beardie is on or you are allergic to your beardie...J/K :wink:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I actually dont think the OP is allergic to the beardie itself.In fact its not really possible but what is possible is that zombies is allergic to something that the beardie eats or as I said something in the Enclosure.Many people are allergic to the feeders especially crix and roaches.They can also have a reaction to the stool or rather parasites in the stool.Since you have another beardie you dont have the reaction to I would start by seeing if there is anything different that you do with one that you dont with the other.Also do you have a sensitivity to UVB by chance?

zombies

Original Poster
i deal with everything i feed him. im not allergic to anything known to man lol. it cant be anything in the cage neither. i didnt pick him up all day today. ill try tomorrow n see wut happens

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
zombies......Are your beardies in separate enclosures? If so, what substrates are you using for them? Could you tell us what might be different between the two enclosures(if they are separate)?

You mentioned an oily feeling on your hand....could you elaborate on that for us?

Does the beardie you are having the reaction to poo in his viv? If so, does he run through it and get it on himself?

Dawn

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
zombies":cc55d said:
i deal with everything i feed him. im not allergic to anything known to man lol. it cant be anything in the cage neither. i didnt pick him up all day today. ill try tomorrow n see wut happens

just because you don't know that you are allergic to something doesn't mean that you can't be. In fact, just because you haven't been allergic to something for your whole life doesn't mean that you can't develop an allergy to it. So try a process of elimination and one-by-on, rule each factor out instead of just saying, "No, that's not it"

Tigg

Juvie Member
Just out of curiosity, do you know the sex of your beardies? if so what is the sex of the beardie that you are having reactions from?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Tigg":f78a0 said:
Just out of curiosity, do you know the sex of your beardies? if so what is the sex of the beardie that you are having reactions from?

Hey Tigg......he refered to the beardie as a him in his original post. :wink:

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
gulfbrzdawn":b3b48 said:
Tigg":b3b48 said:

Hey Tigg......he refered to the beardie as a him in his original post. :wink:

D'OH reading comprehension failed :lol:

Tigg

Juvie Member
ACK!! Missed that one! lol

Reason I was asking is I was wondering if it could be from any kind of secretion from the femoral pores causing a skin irritation? Don't even know if this is possible, just guessing?

0mega9401

Hatchling Member
i had this problem with my ball python its the substrate safe yourself alot of time and hassle use newspapper

zombies

Original Poster
as of ryte now they are in the same cage. gonna seperate them when they get a little bigger. but like i said, im not allergic to anything in the cage. ima have my brother pick him up n see if it happens to him too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom