bearding in/after a bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABLuvsKatie

We seem to always be trying to get Katie to poop. It's exhausting, actually. We recently took her to the vet and, after almost three weeks, she pooped as soon as he put her in the tub. Turns out, we weren't running the water near deep enough for her to swim. The next time, at home, it worked just like that. The last two times I've tried, she stays in and swims a lot but just seems to really hate it! She is totally bearding now in her tank, wrapped in a towel and, if it's like last time, she'll just sulk there all night. What's her deal?

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
first let me tell you i have no advice here... but i have a simular problem. phoenix is very sweet, he will get in the carrier willingly lets me put a cat harness on him and walk him outside, and will tolerate his baths, but everytime i get him out of hte bath i get puffed and bearded... EVERYTIME... so i'll be watching this just to see what all is suggested...i dont let him get the better of me, i just grab him wrap him up and then he trys to get loose by wiggling and i just hold on to him then he puffs and tries to spike me... and when that doesnt work i get the beard... idk friend... heres a bump!!

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
Don't laugh, but if Louie won't poop in the tub after a few days of trying, then I have to put her in her carrier. I have a fabric ferret carrier that I use for her. Has screened openings on both sides...I line it with puppy training pads...LOL

I think it might have to do with the confining. When she is confined...like in the tub, or in the carrier..she poops.

Just something that works for me..

brandice

Are you running the water while the dragon is in the bath? If so that may be the problem as most dragons don't like running water. Dragons are funny creatures and it could be one simple thing that they don't like. Maybe it's too hot or too cold or maybe your dragon needs a rock to sit on to feel secure. Or... you could try running the water... Bob hates the bath, but loves the shower. So long as he gets to shower as his bath fills he's fine :roll: He's a spoiled brat :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom