Beardies dirty, wet and naughty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will enjoy this.
3120.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkf5SIDZeTo

A bit more info about the part where they are sitting on camping chairs, basking in the bushveld.

We have a house next to Kruger National Park and EVERY predator that you can imagine are there. I move the camping chairs in a way to have sun and shade plus they cant see each other. I trained them to NOT climb off the chairs no matter what. River has a sense of adventure that he finds hard to control and he climbs off the chair testing his mommy's patience! I then take him and put him inside the house as 'punishment'. They HATE being inside and away from me so he runs back to the sliding door and scratches for me to let him outside again.
I let him out after a few seconds and then he stays put on the chair like a good boy!

I dont think there is anything more cute than a happy dragon!
loveshower.gif

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That was quite the enjoyable 9 minutes and 12 seconds. I especially loved your attempts to put one of them back.

Thanks for sharing pics and videos of your adorable babies with us :D

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
Wow, very, very nice! Good to see such well-treated beardies in a country where these are still frowned upon. I DO need to get a pool for mine!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I totally enjoyed your video and the way they reacted to everything. It sure is obvious that they are very spoiled. :lol: Loved watching the one being very persistent about getting out to spend time with you, too cute.

Where exactly is Kruger National Park? It sure is a lovely area. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

zeppy123

Hatchling Member
I love that video. It shows how intelligent and interative these animals can be in an enriched environment.

wildheart

Original Poster
Thanks all!
2uge4p4.gif
Dragons are just so adorably cute it is impossible to not share them. :lol:

wckdbtch":1dwmcp3i said:
I DO need to get a pool for mine!
If you do get a pool then only fill it with a little bit of water so they dont have to float. The most important thing is too put sprinklers on so that it seems as if it is raining. The moment that I start watering the garden they go crazy, they really-really love 'rain'.
128fs318181.gif

diamc":1dwmcp3i said:
Where exactly is Kruger National Park? It sure is a lovely area. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

We live in Gauteng, 4 hour drive from Mpumalanga where Kruger Park is. I am addicted to wildlife so we bought a holiday home next to the park and go there as often as we can. We travel with my iguana, both Sky and River and my parrot in the car and as you know - not one of them like each other and has to be kept separate, so we only travel at night when they are all sleeping. I always say that you've never experienced life until you've been in the Kruger National Park in between all the wild and free animals. :lol:

zeppy123":1dwmcp3i said:
I love that video. It shows how intelligent and interative these animals can be in an enriched environment.

They do not sees to surprise me and the thought behind their actions is really something else! :shock: Sky my big boy, (the one who wants to be with me all the time) claimed the upper garden as his territory. He loves laying around the bar. :roll:
20091118_13.jpg

River claimed the low end as his, but it is not good enough, NO, he is obsessed with the pool area and spends most of his day trying to find an opening through the railing. :shock:
20091118_28.jpg

He did figure out that he can clime over by the gate's side so I thought I was clever and through towels over the gate thinking it will stop him. What a shock when I found him like this! Look on top of the towels!
eek.gif

20091217_1.jpg

And how impressed he was with himself!
sFun_doh2-1.gif

20091217_5.jpg

He knows EXACTLY what he is doing and that he is not allowed to. He found another place where he could clime over and I caught him red handed and put him back where he belonged. Within a couple of minutes he was climbing up again and I then took him right to the top of the garden!
sSig_nonosign-1.gif
As if that would help! :roll: I then decided to hide behind the wall and watch him without him knowing. He ran all the way from the top down to the bottom and straight back to the area that he found. I watched him climbing up and I then jumped forward saying: "what you doing!"
sCh_copstick-1.gif
River's eyes went big, he let go of the fence, dropped to the ground and ran in behind the wall where I could not see him!
happy0194-1.gif

How intelligent is that! :shock:

zeppy123

Hatchling Member
I think intelligence testing of animals in labs doesn't go as well because laboratory animals don't have the environmental experiences needed for brain development. If you remember the case of Genie the child who was locked in a room for years?, that didn't go too well either.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
They both are adorable! I laughed at the part of your video where your big boy didn't want to stay in his tank. Goldie and Rosie both try that in the evening but by then they are too sleepy to fight to stay out very much.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Wow that was an incredible video :!: realy it is :)
Looks like you live in a nice tropical climet, I wish I could live somwere like Hawaii insted of here where it is mutch too cold for me to take Basil outside :(

Shy4nn3

This is such a cute video! I am still new to the beardie world but I sure hope my baby Safaree turns out as well as your did! :D You have some cuties!

wildheart

Original Poster
zeppy123":74mqbamd said:
I think intelligence testing of animals in labs doesn't go as well because laboratory animals don't have the environmental experiences needed for brain development. If you remember the case of Genie the child who was locked in a room for years?, that didn't go too well either.

"Animals of all kinds, from rats to humans, that are brought up and live in an enriched environment are healthier, more intelligent, more creative, more adaptable and generally better off than those subjected to less optima conditions. Scientific experiments have proven that enriched environments actually affect brain development."

I agree with that 100%. I gave them more and more freedom and I could clearly see how they developed, how they became capable of solving problems.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, it was a pleasure making the video. I should record them more often, especially when they are naughty and KNOW it. :lol:

I was writing a care sheet about dragons, their natural environment and that they are solitary animals. I started searching for photos of dragons that had wounds due to fighting (pictures usually help people to listen) and I found a website with videos of dragons fighting! :banghead: Not fighting in the wild, NO this is inside people's houses, it is as if it became a hobby like pit bull fighting.
154fs232528.gif
Dragons are the most gentle, loving creatures alive, they trust so easily and with their whole being and all they ask in return is a little freedom and to be alone in their claimed territory. My heart is so-so sore.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The new pics of River are hysterical! What a little devil! The towels on top of the gate probably made it even easier for him to climb up. He probably thought, "Wow, mommy's so nice to give me soft things to climb up with." :laughing6:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom