beardies at petsmart (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
We went to petsmart today to buy some crickets till i can start breeding. Saw these lil guys, as big as Bindi was, maybe bigger :) but they werent on sand, and thats the only thing they can change, besides only buying one at a time (or none)

2011-04-25172040.jpg

izz

Juvie Member
They don't look neglected as some ive seen on this site.I don't see them because there aren't any petsmarts or petcos in Oz.The set up looks aduquete. :)

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Theyre are, handsdown, the best petsmart in the dnver area. No sand, adequae heatng (the one in longmont has their temps at 13°F. And they actually have real reptile experts. Whenever we go in i swear $ signals flash on their eyes. Weve spent like $1000 their this year.

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Uggg pet co today had cute babies and very sick almost dead one, it was all sucked up and black I have never seen one so dark :( could hardly open it's eyes couldn't support it's weight cage was nasty dirty they had a bolw of meal worms and romain lettuce! 80 degrees And the cage also had some other type of lizard in it too, j called the manager over and she tells me we weigh them every morn he's fine, she says they are very young and need a nap. Asked about the other lizard she says we dont have an empty cage right now! Poor baby :angry5:

Kaiser

Juvie Member
BindiBoo":24bddzex said:
Theyre are, handsdown, the best petsmart in the dnver area. No sand, adequae heatng (the one in longmont has their temps at 13°F. And they actually have real reptile experts. Whenever we go in i swear $ signals flash on their eyes. Weve spent like $1000 their this year.

Am I reading this correctly? 13 degrees Fahrenheit? That's below freezing...! O_O

But anyway, it's always nice to see when pet stores (especially large chain pet stores) make an effort to properly care for all of their animals. I've seen way too many pet stores neglect the reptile section.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
We have a petsmart in danvers petco in peabody and they take great care of their lizards. They have a few people who love reptiles so they really do their best with what they are working with the tanks are exceptinally clean they make sure they mist the enclosures that need it etc.. I think whe there are reptile lovers working there they do a better job.

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jaidonx13":2micgdfp said:
Cool picture miranda, how many beardies did they have? just the two?

Ya, they only buy two at a time. (One of my favorite things about them!)
My friends psycho mom didnt buy her presents for her 16th birthday, so me and my mom are going to get her a leopard gecko tomorrow at petsmart, and buy some adult crickets to start breeding! :)

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We're like sisters, lol. We're thinking leopard gecko cause they dont need as much pampering as beardies, and theres a chance her mom will go crazy again and make her get rid of it, so we might end up with it again.

jaidonx13

Hatchling Member
BindiBoo":3s4meqap said:
We're like sisters, lol. We're thinking leopard gecko cause they dont need as much pampering as beardies, and theres a chance her mom will go crazy again and make her get rid of it, so we might end up with it again.

Oh ok hahah :) Yeah all they need is a heat lamp, it could just be a ceramic heat bulb with no light. I have a ceramic bulb with a glow in the dark fixture so at night there is still a little bit of light. They don't need uvb light either since they are nocturnal. Then just have a hide in the cage a food/water bowl calcium dish and a moist hide for shedding. Is your friends mom always that crazy? No presents for her sweet 16!? Good luck on getting it for her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom