Beardie won't eat her crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redleg

My Beardie, Scarlett, has always been a voracious cricket eater until two weeks ago. She will still eat her salad, and she is FAT, but she will not touch her crickets. She appears totally disinterested in them when I put her in the feeding pen. She is about 3 1/2 years old and 19 inches long. Anyone have ideas about this?

Lenewen

Juvie Member
Most adults only eat a few feeders once or twice a week and their diet is mostly salads. The ratio as babies is 20% salad, 80% feeders but this reverses in adulthood to 20% feeders and 80% greens. As long as she is not losing weight, sounds normal to me!

Redleg

Original Poster
Lenewen":22dfeony said:
Most adults only eat a few feeders once or twice a week and their diet is mostly salads. The ratio as babies is 20% salad, 80% feeders but this reverses in adulthood to 20% feeders and 80% greens. As long as she is not losing weight, sounds normal to me!

OK, good info. She is FAT and eating her salad fine, and she did not grow any more this season. I'll keep an eye on her weight, but that is not an issue at the moment.

Lenewen

Juvie Member
Good! A fat dragon is often a healthy dragon! Not too fat of course haha but you don't see that too often. They usually stop eating when they are full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom