Beardie wont bask, spending time on cool side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsyTraveler

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragon has recently been spending a LOT of time in between the hot side and cool side. Usually he basks. alot. he is eating/pooping normally, not sleepy, active, and still runs around the room as alert as usual. he gets fed super worms and collard greens that are dusted in calcium. here is his setup:

Reptisun 10.0 tube 18inch UVB 7inches from basking spot.
Normal household bulb (i think household? maybe outdoor bulb?) that keeps his basking spot at 98-100 degrees F.
another indoor household bulb on cool side that produces no heat, just lights up cool side.
repticarpet bedding.
50gallon custom-made wooden viv
cool side stays about 85degrees F always except at night.
night temps never drop below 70. and never above 76.
humidity is 32%
no night time bulbs or colored bulbs, all temps measured with temperature probe. (im getting batteries tomorrow for the temp gun i just got)

he is bathed almost daily, i like to prevent poops in the viv. he is not dark. he is acting normal as usual, just not basking. if i put him on the basking spot he stays for maybe 5min and then returns to the middle of the viv.
help please?

TipsyTraveler

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
A temperature probe, soon to be a temp gun.

Im not sure of his age. hes about 15.5inches. but some of his tail was amputated when he was younger. so maybe 16-16.5inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom