Beardie weirdness!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so, I've heard of beardies being territorial inside their vivs, like if you move their fixtures around and stuff but...well...Dennis has extended his territory to include the living room it seems.
On one side of our living room against the wall, we have two big wrought iron candle holders that stand on the floor. Between them is a little ornamental table. I've always noticed that whenever Dennis is out of his viv, he'll run down the middle of the room, make a sharp right turn, lick the base of the first candle stick, run under the little table and lick he second candle stick. He does this whenever he passes them. :roll:
So... the other day he's acting a little strange. He's under the table walking back and forth and side-eyeing up the wall. No matter where I moved him he'd go back under the table. Then my boyfriend says...."Oh he misses his candlesticks, I moved them into the other room yesterday!" (believe me I KNOW how strange this sounds). So, we get the candlesticks, put them back in their original places and let Dennis onto the floor. He makes a beeline for them, licks the first one, under the table he goes, licks the second one. Then he goes back to the first one, licks it and proceeds to wedge himself in between the legs of it, snuggle down and shut his eyes!! :shock:
So....do I have an obsessive compulsive beardie, or just one with an eye for interior design. :D
(we actually took pics, as soon as I upload them I'll stick them up!!)

Seacow

Original Poster
I know...every day he seems to get another little personality trait. He can be sooo weird at times. I just have a mental image now of me holding wallpaper and paint samples in front of his viv, while he head-bobs or black beards them...*sigh* probably only a matter of time...

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I hear you...malibu will not let me put a background on her viv...she will wave ..stomp her feet... not eat

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Seacow":0d1f8 said:
So....do I have an obsessive compulsive beardie, or just one with an eye for interior design. :D
(we actually took pics, as soon as I upload them I'll stick them up!!)
Uh, both?

I have to wonder who long Dennis would've sulked underneath the table if you hadn't brought out the candlesticks. You'll have to move them to another room then back again and see if he'll do the same thing.

Oh, and be sure to get that on video. That'll be a riot to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom