RE: 67 Absolute Azurophilic Monocytes 7562
RE: 68 Thrombocyte Estimate Adequate

Thank you again
@Drache613

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today? So she is walking on her wrists still? The calcium readings/levels
appear fine based on the blood test. Did they mention any infection present?
The AST or liver enzymes are in range & so is the Uric acid (kidney readings), so the organs look
to be functioning properly.
As I had indicated, it is possible she is experiencing weakness in her wrists due to calcium issues.
So mounting her UVB light inside of the tank should help out a lot.
Those bumps do look like abscesses. As AHBD suggested, they should probably try to drain the
areas to culture any fluid aspirated out seeing what type of bacteria, if any, is present.

Tracie

NerdrageLV

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scalestein
Good evening. I lowered her UVB light down to 12" as suggested. She is still walking on her front wrists and having a hard time with her back legs. The aspirated fluid was non conclusive for anything, that is why the vet prescribed the Fortaz. I think he was just trying some broad spectrum.

The vet gave a script for calcium glubionate, that I have paused giving her. I will continue if it won't make her sick. Are there any Fortaz side effects that would do something like this. She did get the injections in her front legs.

At this point I don't really know what else to do. I haven't asked the vet about lancing the abcesses because I don't want my girl to be stressed out. I would like to figure out why she is wrist walking.

Thank you again for your help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry she is still having so much trouble with her wrist walking, very odd. Her calcium levels appear
ok, but sometimes that isn't always indicative of internal issues.
She was walking on her wrists before you took her in, or did she start walking on her wrists after you
gave injections in her front legs? Sometimes the shots can cause soreness in the injection site or area,
but shouldn't cause this level of mobility problems.
Did she seem to have any problems with anything when she was on the calcium glubionate & was it
properly dosed for her weight?

Tracie

NerdrageLV

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scalestein
She started moving like this during the course of her treatment. She weighs 500g and the dose of calcium I was prescribed is 0.5ml every 12 hours. I have only been giving it once a day though. The vet thought it would help in perking her up. She hasn't eaten for a while but she isn't losing weight. It is her brumation time but I don't want her to brumate and not come out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What strength is the glubionate? Too much calcium can cause symptoms similiar to metabolic
bone disease. She wasn't walking on her wrists before the calcium, just to confirm?
I am wondering if the dose is too high.
Keep trying to get her to eat, & encouraging her to bask. Is she taking some food off of the syringe?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

NerdrageLV

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scalestein
She was wrist walking before the calcium and her bloodwork. I've been trying to feed her critical care, but she doesn't have an appetite. This was her brumation time last year. Going to give her a warm soak tomorrow and try and get her to eat some food.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks, bless her. How is she doing today?
If she was walking on her wrists before the vet visit then, so it's possible that she is having some calcium
issues of some sort. That is an initial sign of calcium issues when they walk on their wrists or start to have
back leg weakness too.

Tracie

NerdrageLV

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scalestein
Hello,

Thanks, bless her. How is she doing today?
If she was walking on her wrists before the vet visit then, so it's possible that she is having some calcium
issues of some sort. That is an initial sign of calcium issues when they walk on their wrists or start to have
back leg weakness too.

Tracie

That is why I asked the vet for the calcium script. I was worried about MBD setting in. Hopefully, she will come through with the extra calcium and moving the lights down. I don't know really what else I can do. She has no appetite but she isn't really losing any weight either. She wants to brumate and I am not allowing her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know that is rough when they are not 100% & are wanting to brumate. You can consider increasing
her basking temperatures a degree or two, just to see if that helps out for her.
Try to keep encouraging her to eat on her own, if you can. Have you tried using bee pollen or Black
strap molasses to help with appetite?

Tracie

NerdrageLV

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scalestein
I've tried to get her to eat greens with bee pollen. She simply refuses me. I will try the molasses. At this point, I am just wanting her to get control of her legs back. How long does it typically take?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I've tried to get her to eat greens with bee pollen. She simply refuses me. I will try the molasses. At this point, I am just wanting her to get control of her legs back. How long does it typically take?
How long has she been under the lowered uvb

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom