Beardie Walking on Wrists

NerdrageLV

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scalestein
She is still struggling. I'm at the point of trying to syringe feed her. I mixed up a batch of Oxbow critical care with some reptivite and calcium w/d3. I've also changed her UVB bulb. I don't know if it was bad, it was registering on my UV card, but now I am unsure of anything.

I am going to puck up some hornworms tomorrow to attempt to get her to eat. Thank you all again. You've all been a blessing to me. I am just at a loss because I hate seeing my girl struggle.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
She is still struggling. I'm at the point of trying to syringe feed her. I mixed up a batch of Oxbow critical care with some reptivite and calcium w/d3. I've also changed her UVB bulb. I don't know if it was bad, it was registering on my UV card, but now I am unsure of anything.

I am going to puck up some hornworms tomorrow to attempt to get her to eat. Thank you all again. You've all been a blessing to me. I am just at a loss because I hate seeing my girl struggle.
the uv cards are not accurate. the only real way to tell the uvb output is to get a meter, and they are expensive! that's why you will see the general recommendations of swapping them out in 11 months and general ranges of distance from basking to bulb

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
It happens sometimes that bulbs are bad, it seems manufacturer's defects are common.
How is the new UVB light working out now? Those UV cards don't work as well as the UV
meters but I realize the meters are pricey! You might be able to find a used one possibly
with checking around, but not sure.
Keep us posted on your girl.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just checking on your dragon & how things are going.
Any improvements thus far?
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

NerdrageLV

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scalestein
Hello,

Just checking on your dragon & how things are going.
Any improvements thus far?
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie
She is doing a little better it seems. I ordered some calciblast off bug de lite. She is starting to move her legs a little bit more and able to drag around some. She is still on the critical care twice a day to keep her weight up.

Thank you again for the concern and help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great to hear she seems to be doing a little better. I hope the calci-blast helps her out. Is the
critical care helping her gain some weight?
Let us know how she is progressing!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom