beardie throwing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone im a new beardie mom, ive had Yoshi for over a month now. hes a 3 year old male.

this morning he pooped normal and right after that i found him laying flat all black and he threw up a piece of his squash. I am freaking out right now because last week he threw up also and i dont know whats wrong because i think im doing everything correctly. the only thing that could be it is that hes in the process of shedding right now? his underside and legs are shedding.

the temperatures in his hot side go from 95-102 and his cool side is around 85. i have an exo terra basking bulb 100w and for his uvb light i have reptisun 10.0 T5 HO.

I also took him to the vet the first week i got him and they took xrays and everything and he is a healthy boy.

his diet consists of dubia roaches 2x a week and collard greens with squash 5x a week. and i dust the dubia roaches with calcium with D3 and i dust his collard green with multivitamin.

any tips that i can do to help him not throw up again?

xintrovert

Original Poster
i should also say today when he pooped i did notice the white part of his poop had some pinkish tint to it.
he hasnt been eating that much since he's been shedding and yesterday was the first day in a week that he ate his whole salad so I’m thinking he ate way more than he should of because when I got him he was underweight so I think he’s not used to eating this much but, I want to know what this forum thinks because you guys are the professionals here.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your set up + care are good, shedding won't cause vomiting so it's a mystery as of now. It's possible that he ate too much but it could be other things. How often do you use a multivitamin ? It's only to be used 1-2X a week lightly. Hopefully he won't repeat the vomting but if it becomes a regular thing then he definitely has something going on. You said he had an xray, did he have a fecal test done as well ? You'd want to rule out a heavy parasite load.

xintrovert

Original Poster
AHBD":2vq1a3sy said:
Your set up + care are good, shedding won't cause vomiting so it's a mystery as of now. It's possible that he ate too much but it could be other things. How often do you use a multivitamin ? It's only to be used 1-2X a week lightly. Hopefully he won't repeat the vomting but if it becomes a regular thing then he definitely has something going on. You said he had an xray, did he have a fecal test done as well ? You'd want to rule out a heavy parasite load.

I’ve actually been giving him multivitamin every day so I’m going to stop that now. And I really think he just ate too much.

Yes he had a fecal test done and everything came out good. Sorry for freaking out I just hate seeing him in distress and hopefully after I start feeding him a little less and giving him multivitamins only 1-2x he will not throw up.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, hopefully things will improve now. You also can offer hydration by dripping water on his snout to give him a chance to drink, he may have been dehydrated for a long time before you got him and excess vitamin usage can cause kidney trouble but probably not this quickly although it could have contributed to him getting sick.

xintrovert

Original Poster
AHBD":1i1rgwm9 said:
Just wondering how he's doing ?
Sadly he passed away Thursday morning. He threw up that morning after he woke up and a couple minutes after that he passed.
The vet said He might have had stomach cancer because all the tests came back normal and he saw my set up and what I was feeding him and he said there isn’t anything I was doing that could have caused him to pass away.
I wish I would have known earlier and maybe I could have saved him.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm so sorry. :( I know this is such a sad situation for you . I's really a helpless feeling when they get sick with no apparent cause and they go so quickly. My hear goes out to you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom