Beardie sneeze???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can or do beardies sneeze?

When I arrived home from work today, I pulled stripes out of her viv to run around and feed her a bit...

After she was done eating, she ran in a circle, looked at me, half-flared, and then made this noise that sounded like Donald Duck getting pissed off...

While she did this, she shook her head violently, and threw some clear liquid around... Any ideas?

Wierd story with a cute ending: As soon as she was done, she looked at me with the "I'm sorry" face.

cjdickey

Juvie Member
Sounds like she may have vomited. My baby did that when I first got her. I took her to the vet armed with a video b/c it is kinda hard to explain plus the vet wanted to hear what she sounded like when doing this. He said she was regurgitating. I would get her to the vet thought to make sure it isnt URI. Good luck and hope she gets better!

Christy

cjdickey

Juvie Member
Thats aweful..poor baby!! Is there any crustiness around the nose or eyes? Does she seem like she is having a hard time breathing? Usually though when they thrash their head from side to side it's a sign of them throwing up. If she is presenting "the crusties" than she almost definately has URI. Keep us posted on how she is doing and how the vet visit goes if you take her.

Christy

shoogiie10

Beardies sneeze???????????????????????????????????????????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

JailBirdStripes

Original Poster
No crusties anywhere.
Just had a "head shed" about a week ago... not crusty though. No trouble breathing, not humid or cold in her tank, everything has been normal even with a move. I'm pleasantly surprised how quickly she has adapted to her new surroundings. She's been active, alert, likes to run around, but to try and prevent an URI I keep her away from the glass patio door and the drafty front door where the temps are in the mid to upper 50's where the draft comes in, so I'll scoop her up before she spends too much time around those areas.

Do beardies get tummy aches like we do and just vomit like that?

JailBirdStripes

Original Poster
Sorry for the multiple posts-

I'm assuming URI stands for Upper Respiratory Infection?

Just want to make sure I'm not missing some other Beardie sickness....

cjdickey

Juvie Member
Yes URI stands fro upper respiratory infection. My vet told me that they do get belly aches and vomit which could very well have been the case. If it happens again though I would have her checked by the doc to make sure there isnt anything wrong. Even though shes alert and stuff doesnt mean shes ok...although its a good sign. They hide their illnesses very well. Keep us posted

Christy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom