Beardie showing signs of yellow fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
By the way, the oral medication that seems to be the most successful at treating Yellow Fungus is called Voriconazole, just in case you want to research it and find out about costs.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing?
The Voriconazole is commonly used, as is Itraconazole, too. They both are good & should be
similar in pricing too.
Are you using an anti-fungal cream on him right now? You can also use raw unpasteurized honey
on it, or manuka honey directly on the affected areas to help out until you know what you are
dealing with. Remember not to bathe often because that contributes to spreading. It's alright
to bathe to rinse & clean him but not prolonged soaking.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Yolopriorities

Original Poster
I have stopped bathing completely. He eats, He sleeps, and he get doctored up once a day. I apply the hybiclens to the whole area, then pat dry and apply raw honey, then wrap his tail with non stick gauze. His appetite has gotten benter I think he is feeling better, but no signs of improvement just waiting on the test now, and I won't turn the beardless over unless it is absolutely necessary. I will order drugs online somehow before I just give up on him. There is always a way to get prescriptions without the prescription. I'm just not sure how to do it for and animal. Lol

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Actually he looks pretty good right now, I'm glad he's eating normally, it's very important to keep his weight up and keep his strength up so that if it is Yellow Fungus he is strong enough to fight it.

You're doing a great job, just keep doing exactly what you're doing every day until you get the test results back. Once you do, if it is Yellow Fungus then we can help you figure out a treatment plan/schedule and help you with finding the medications. If it comes back as something else, like a different fungal infection (I'm pretty sure it's definitely fungal, regardless of whether it's Yellow Fungus it looks like a fungal infection for sure), then we'll help you figure out that treatment too. There isn't a whole lot more you can do right now until you get the test results back, you don't want to start oral or topical prescription meds until you're sure they are necessary, because they're rough on their gastrointestinal systems.

By the way, something else you need to do if it is Yellow Fungus and that I would actually start doing daily right now is giving her a daily dose of Probiotics. It's absolutely necessary when she's taking the oral antifungal medication to keep her stomach settled, help her appetite stay strong, and to replace and normal, healthy bacteria that the meds might wipe out of her gastrointestinal system. They also will help keep her bowel movements normal and healthy, which will in turn make her stomach feel good and keep her appetite up. You can either buy a reptile-specific probiotic, or you can use a human probiotic, or you can buy a tube of BeneBac, which is meant for daily use by reptiles, birds, dogs, cats, etc. You can buy a tube of BeneBac at Tractor Supply (cheaper) or at Petco or PetSmart. I'd get her started on a daily dose of Probiotics as soon as you can afford to get it for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom