Beardie shipping gone wrong. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
Hey guys. So I ordered a bearded dragon who was supposed to be shipped by UPS over nigh and arrive this morning. After waiting for hours and tracking the package around 6pm UPS alerted me that they had to reschedule my shipment and they will deliver it the next day...WHAT?!
I'm freaking out. How long can a beardie last in the shipment box?! I called UPS and told them that the package was supposed to be over night because I was shipping a live animal, but they wouldn't even allow me to drive to the warehouse and pick him up tonight. I made them hold the package at the warehouse and I am picking him up tomorrow morning because they wouldn't be shipping him until later tomorrow.

I'm terrified that he will either not survive, will be harmed, or extremely stressed because he is sitting in his shipment box, who knows where. What should I do?!

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
I feel you've probably done all you can do. Since it's winter, hopefully the breeder shipped him with a heat pack. Otherwise I think it may just be a waiting game and you'll have to found out how he is when you get him. I am so sorry that happened. One of the big reasons I don't ship animals, I always buy locally.

But I truly hope it is okay and please let us all know how he turns out! Where did buy him from? I'm actually surprised the breeder agreed to ship this close to Christmas. Most people stop shipping a week beforehand.

Here's to hoping he's safe and sound in the morning!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I hope the poor beardie survives this..... that the depot is heated and it's not left to overnight in polar conditions in the back of a van somewhere.Doubt even a heat pack would save it under those conditions.
I can't believe they wouldn't let you collect the beardie from the depot in person .... that's ridiculous .

Personally I only ever buy my pets from local breeders I can get to in under 1 hour by car.

I can't believe a shop or breeder ACTUALLY agreed to send out a beardie by UPS in winter in your country ..... that's paramount to animal cruelty IMO.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I purchased him from A-1 reptiles
It hasn't been that cold in my area and he was shipped with heat packs in an insulated container, which was supposed to be over night.i bought him online because the last one I bought from a local breeder ended up sick and dying a month later :/

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I really hope everything turns out well because not only did I spend a decent amount of money, but this is a living creature...I would be devastated if something happened to the beardie, just the thought of how stressed and panicked he is right now makes me so sad):

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....the dragon should be fine.If temps. are in the high 50's to mid 40's [ night ] and dragons are very hardy. It is VERY rare to have a delay in shipment and the heat pack is good for 40 hours. Dragons are shipped all winter long with generally no problems. I've shipped many dragons in much colder weather than that in the past. He will most likely be sleeping in the box, not even aware of what's happening... The beardie should be fine.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":7eu1f0f6 said:
Hi there....the dragon should be fine.If temps. are in the high 50's to mid 40's [ night ] and dragons are very hardy. It is VERY rare to have a delay in shipment and the heat pack is good for 40 hours. Dragons are shipped all winter long with generally no problems. I've shipped many dragons in much colder weather than that in the past. He will most likely be sleeping in the box, not even aware of what's happening... The beardie should be fine.

Thank you, AHBD! I just picked him up and so far everything is good. Looks like I was just a bit paranoid
Will post pics soon :)

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
I think this time of the year isn't the best time for urgent shippings. I know I have a lot of things delayed around this time. I'm glad she was okay

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
A very lucky beardie that it got to you alive ....

I bet you never slept a wink last though worry and fear about it and what condition you'd receive him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom