Beardie Salad Advice????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only had my bearded dragon for 6 months now and have recently added a second addition. Our older dragon eats her greens (mustard greens and "spring mix"....no spinach of course). We’re working really hard on getting our young one to eat his greens. I’m just not sure that we are offering the proper choices to them. What should be in a beardie salad?? :roll: I see pictures online from your guys’ posts where the salads have more than just plain greens in them……………..I want to take the best care possible of my kids. What should I be feeding them in their daily salads? And what things are good occasionally? Thanks!!!

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
^^ yes that is a great site!

In addition, don't be too concerned about your young bd not eating their greens. It is pretty normal but they will come around around eventually just make sure you keep offering it for them.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Try adding some of their live feeders in a deeper bowl with salad in it most of the time when they try and eat their bugs they get some salad maybe all they need is a little taste :D

bjvolk2

Im lucky because my dragon actually likes his salad. He tends to like collard greens better than any other, but you can usually find a big bag of pre washed and cut turnip, mustard, or collard at a bigger grocery store for around 3 bucks.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I expose my baby's to greens from day one. I use a mix of collard, mustard, and turnip greens. Even the little poopers eat them.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Moved here from General Discussion forum]

KUdragonGirl, how old is your young one and are they housed together?

BeardieBaby69

Hatchling Member
My lil baby LOVES her salad. She will eat 4 or 5 crickets and then eat several pieces of salad. Try some kale with water on it. It has ruffly (is that a word??) ends on it and they seem to be attracted to it , and the water sparkles from the light on it. Mine LOVES the kale and collards salad ...along with some cricket "croutons" LOL ! I love that shse eats both greens and crickets at each meal. She does "snack" on the greens a lil here and there throughout the day. I just keep them misted down with water to make them appealing AND to make sure she gets plenty of water.

I ONLY use distilled water with my baby--No chemicals. :D

Good luck!
Teri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseSkull
Top Bottom