Beardie Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi we’ve had our beardie for a couple weeks and I’m wondering what normal poop looks like. His white urine always seems runny and his poop seems a little loose too but with some consistency to it. I’m wondering what consistency is normal and if it always stinks so bad? Would be nice to know moving forward so I can gauge it going forward. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Has the poop been sitting there for a while? It looks a little dry--- you want formed dark and moist for poop and white formed and moist for urate-- do dry chalking looking - then he would be dehydrated

Chrissy816

Original Poster
Yes we came home to it so it had been sitting there awhile. I will keep an eye on that then. How often is he supposed to have a bath to stay hydrated? He doesn’t like drinking if I drop water by his nose.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Does your dragon eat salads? If so rinse the greens before serving -- hes / she is going to get most of the hydration from that and make sure your gut loading the insects before feeding those as well -- water crystals and carrots are good hydrators for the insects -- dragons wont often drink from baths unless they are really dehydrated -- and I most on here dont recommend baths unless they have pooped themselves etc ----- watch the poops they will tell you whether they are dehydrated poops should be formed dark and moist -- urate formed white and moist -- no dry or chalky looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom