Beardie only get up in the morning if Im up

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
It's pretty strange behaviour. I lost my job due to sickness in March. Pretty much since then Fatty will only get up if I'm up. Her bulb comes on at 7am If I'm not up and stay up she will climb down from the log she sleeps on and goes into the hide. She will spend all day hiding if I spend the night out. Often she wont eat the calci worms I left in the bowl until I poke at them then she eats them right up. If I stay up long enough to make sure she eats her food and then go back to bed she wont bask and just go back in the hide.
She will come out of the hide once I put music on. I always used to listen to music in the morning before work so I guess shes used to it. Some of the meds I take make me very sleepy of I often sleep though the alarm and don't get up until 12pm. I feel really bad. I don't know why she won't get up if I'm not up and about. No one else lives with us so nothing would scare her.

Has anyone heard of this sort of thing before?

Never this is a first. Though I would love it if my beardie Ryii woke up when I do, she wakes up at 6-6:30 and will just stare at me until I wake up which is normally around 7 (always keep her on a pillow next to me.) Have you tried leaving her alone with the music on? As for eating, my beardie does that as well. She'll eat all her food, then goes to the warm/cold side and lie down. Gotta move her myself so she can bask. Then she'll stay there for a few hours and go back to the cool side when she's done. She's real lazy, I tell you.

But it sounds to me like your beardie is used to the old schedule. Have you ever tried getting an automatic light timer? A few people were talking about them awhile back and I was interested in it until my mother finally got over her fear of Ryii and turned them on and off whenever I wasn't in the house. But would you know if your dragon did all of this while you were at work? What I mean is when you get back inside from work, would you see her in the hide or out of it?

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes have a timer for the lights. She was burmating from Christmas until May so she would often be in her hide with her head poked out when I came home from work. Before the burmation she never went in the hide. I know she's not sick. She's a happy girl, a bit spoilt maybe lol.

No, like a light timer. You can set the time for the light to turn on and off. It's really useful for people who can't be around their beardie most of the day due to work or can't wake up in time to turn the beardies light on. This is it here -

http://www.petco.com/product/109803/Zilla-247-Digital-Timer-Power-Center.aspx

I did hear of some beardies changing up their schedules once they woke up from brumation, maybe your beardie could be one of them. Mine remains the same. That or she seems 10x lazier lol. Ryii takes spoiled to a whole new level. But I love her lol

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes I have a light timer. It comes on at 7am and turns off at 9pm. After being awake for an hour she will always go into the hide unless I'm up and stay up.

Ohh ok, sorry about that then. I'm honestly not too sure man, sorry :( Hopefully someone else can shine some light on your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom