Beardie not sitting still

Status
Not open for further replies.

carries0

Hi, my beardie Mushu is tame and likes it when i rub her head. The only problem is that when i pick her up and put her on my shoulder she starts to run and jump off me. Ive tried everything and nothing works. She likes climbing, especially when i take her out of her cage and put her on the floor she runs towards the curtains and start climbing. She also has a large stump in her cage to climb and she enjoys it. Can anyone please give me advice in how to get her to sit still on my shoulder or even on my lap for that matter. :)

tarian

Hatchling Member
how old is your dragon?? mine is young and loves to run around, i have found if i let him, he never gets too far. i started him out in a room where he was safe to explore, we play and i leave him alone too. now he hangs out with me longer, before his big escape lol . i think it has to do with there age ,and how much time you spend with them. they are very curious and love to climb. they are not statues lol , just my opinion :D

LJean

Extreme Poster
I haven't figured out how to keep Calypso still either. She tends to run down my back and cling there where I can't reach her, LOL I'm so afraid she will jump to the floor.

Waiting until it's bedtime may help.

carries0

Original Poster
She is 14 months old now and yes they are very curious :) . She only sits still when I put her inside my shirt so that she has some sort of "blankie" to cover her and she falls asleep there. I take her out of her cage mainly when its bedtime so that she can explore the flat and her surroundings. I do spend a lot of time with her seeing as im still studying so at home a lot, especially during the day. She loves it when I stroke her head at the top, her eyes close. Its so sweet but as far as sitting still on me theres no hope. I want her to sit still because I want to get her used to the fact that im moving around while shes on my shoulder. Now that i mention it i have found that she maybe dont like sitting on my shoulder cause she runs and then go and sit on top of my head. I dont want her to sit there cause im afriad she might jump.

tarian

Hatchling Member
you might try crunching up tylanol in ther food lol *JOKING* if you let them explore a little they wont go too far. as loving owners we worry if we will loose them somewhere. i was petrified...will he get in my couch,behind the tv ect. the more supervised freedom they have, the less skittish they are. you need to build a little trust in a controled enviorment, let em go run for a bit , they get tired and will sit with you for a while, pet them and talk sweet. i dono it works for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom