Beardie not pooping for days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camhabit

Hello all my 2 year old beardie name Zora has not been pooping for days at a time... over a week ago she went 6 days without pooping, and then when I got home, pooped A LOT (like 5x the normal poo looks like). And since then she pooped once (the day after, normally) and the. Hasn’t pooped for the past 2 or 3 days. I haven’t changed anything in her diet, she gets a variety of greens; turnip, dandelion; collard...and she gets different veggies like bell peppers and cucumbers. She isn’t good in eating her salad at all... if she eats any it’s like 2 leaves. I’ve tried everything but she won’t budge. Anyways, I massage her belly and give her warm baths...also tried olive oil when she didn’t poop for 6 days. I’m not sure why all of a sudden she is not pooping for so long? She is acting normal.

Her setup is a 100w MegaRay MVB about 12in away from her. I never got a full length uvb light because she never moves off of her basking log area

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it too much. That isn't unheard of for an adult. I would offer drops of water on her nose to ensure she is well hydrated which will help her digest. If everything else is normal it's probably OK.

Camhabit

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2k3my9y5 said:
I wouldn't worry about it too much. That isn't unheard of for an adult. I would offer drops of water on her nose to ensure she is well hydrated which will help her digest. If everything else is normal it's probably OK.

Just can’t help but worry as every other beardie parent xD
I drop water on her nose when she is in the bath... thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I certainly understand the feeling =). Keep an eye out for straining when she goes, abnormally hard or dry poop/urate, or undigested bits that might be causing an issue.

Camhabit

Original Poster
CooperDragon":rc4md232 said:
I certainly understand the feeling =). Keep an eye out for straining when she goes, abnormally hard or dry poop/urate, or undigested bits that might be causing an issue.

Alright no problem, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom