Beardie not moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4ndyc0rez

Original Poster
KarrieRee":dlgii1to said:
Yes that is better --- please shut the coil off and one of the 150 bulbs --- that tank needs 3 temps in it basking 105-110 for a baby --- middle of the tank 90's and cool side 80's during the day and not below 65 at nite -- the ambient temps can be taken w/ your stick ons but basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- get the UVB ordered that I posted - do not get a 18" fixture its too small for that tank --- you have options for the T 5 bulb depending on the screen -- if its a wide hole screen it can go into the tank if its a fine mesh like a screen door it will need to go inside the tank -- but please get this fixed ASAP ---
Karrie
Thank you for the help. I have a screen door- how is it going inside the tank? Would the door stay open or is there something to stick it to the top?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You would need to mount it to the top of the screen w/ these 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line or this these work really good
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
they are like Velcro straps I am using in my tanks - wrap it around the fixture a couple of times but first we need you to get it ordered when you get it let me know and I can help place it --- but you need to get the basking temps in order NOW -- and get the UVB ordered so it gets shipped out --
Karrie

c4ndyc0rez

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3hx8u1c8 said:
You would need to mount it to the top of the screen w/ these 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line or this these work really good
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
they are like Velcro straps I am using in my tanks - wrap it around the fixture a couple of times but first we need you to get it ordered when you get it let me know and I can help place it --- but you need to get the basking temps in order NOW -- and get the UVB ordered so it gets shipped out --
Karrie
I think that light is at the pet store near me so I could probably get it within a day or so. For now should I have only the basking lightbulb on? And digital thermometers are the highest priority?

c4ndyc0rez

Original Poster
c4ndyc0rez":anu6ad70 said:
KarrieRee":anu6ad70 said:
Karrie
I think that light is at the pet store near me so I could probably get it within a day or so. For now should I have only the basking lightbulb on? And digital thermometers are the highest priority?
Highest priority after the light I mean

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Get both-- they are both HIGH priority-- leave the coil off please
Karrie

c4ndyc0rez

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1xc2cmx8 said:
Get both-- they are both HIGH priority-- leave the coil off please
Karrie
Okay. I'm leaving the coil off and tomorrow for day lighting I will only leave the basking light on until I put in the tube. Thank you.

c4ndyc0rez

Original Poster
I got the tube light- the velcro straps were out of stock at Home Depot so I couldn't mount it on the inside, so for now it's resting on the top of the tank. I also got the thermometer and it still says the temperature is around 86-87 in the basking area

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Take your screen off the tank or place it half on and have the UVB going width wise on the tank -you can butt the screen up to the fixture w/ the basking bulb on the screen--- what bulb did you get? A T 5 or a T 8--- what is the basking bulb wattage?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so please post a pic of your tank --- 150 watt bulb should be able to keep temps to where they need to be --- did you place the probe on the spot where he sits to bask for 10 minutes or more?
Please post a pic -- never mind --- lower the light-- which one is the basking light ? the one by itself or the one on the left side of the pic ?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please light your tank up and post a pic --- is the dragon eating ?
Karrie

c4ndyc0rez

Original Poster
image0.jpg

The dual fixture is still there but the old UVB is not on, only the basking bulb. I noticed this morning that she drank some of the water I gave her. I also gave her some baby dragon food but I'm not sure if she ate any- there was still a lot left.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so you need a digital probe thermometer ASAP- cannot stress that enough - those stick ons are not giving accurate temps --- take the screen and place it half over the tank take the UVB place length wise over the top on one end where there is NO screen --- take the tall basking branch and place directly underneath the UVB measure it tell me if its w/ in 6-8 inches --- place the basking bulb next to it on the screen --- but you must get a actual basking temp --- what your telling me makes NO sense w/ a 150 watt bulb -- your dragon needs insects crickets BSFL dubia roaches that is the main diet for her protein --- please get some and feed her I would feed two at a time so they do not get lost in the tank -- you dont want any crickets left in the tank over nite they will come out and bite her at nite and they can cause infection - I would get her some dubia roaches and some BSFL - she needs salads every day http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Please no more pellets -- look at the website for fresh veggies -- the BSFL will lure her to the bowl but you need to start feeding her the insects now and they should be dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week once per feeding and vitamins 2 x per week once per feeding - she should be eating as many insects as she can in a 10-15 minute time frame ---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
From where it's sitting it's giving ambient temps take the probe place it on the basking spot she sits and get the temp--- please make the changes in the tank I have suggested and watch the behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom