Beardie not eating

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I believe my bulb is a T8 and it’s about 6-8in depending where he sits. I also moved it under the tank screen so nothing is blocking the light. I checked today and his basking temp is 103. I will feed him again tomorrow since he has already had 5ml.
How old is is the T 8?

Amgonzo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
José
Ok change it out in 3 more months-
Here is the X-ray from a few months ago. She said he had a potential impaction and that his liver is very enlarged.

Attachments

• I0000000 (93).jpeg
    I0000000 (93).jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 51

Amgonzo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
José
Why not? We need Tracie to advise ---
So I never heard from tracie about Jose’s X-ray. Today when I came home to check on him…I discovered he was stiff and not moving. Unfortunately he passed away today while I was at work. I appreciate the help everyone tried to give me. I think my poor boy just got really sick, but he is no longer suffering.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I never heard from tracie about Jose’s X-ray. Today when I came home to check on him…I discovered he was stiff and not moving. Unfortunately he passed away today while I was at work. I appreciate the help everyone tried to give me. I think my poor boy just got really sick, but he is no longer suffering.
That is awful- I am so sorry- but the vet should of done blood work - obviously something was going on- mine had a liver infection and was put on meds- infection is gone now but he is basically blind- I have no idea why since he's always had good uvb- and basking bulbs - I got him at 2 months- I feed him by syringe and he is now getting dubias off a tong-- again I am sorry -

Amgonzo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
José
That is awful- I am so sorry- but the vet should of done blood work - obviously something was going on- mine had a liver infection and was put on meds- infection is gone now but he is basically blind- I have no idea why since he's always had good uvb- and basking bulbs - I got him at 2 months- I feed him by syringe and he is now getting dubias off a tong-- again I am sorry -
Thank you I appreciate it. I don’t think his vet was as knowledgeable as she should be, but she was the only option in my area. I didn’t even know blood work was an option that could have helped figure out what was going on and she never suggested or mentioned it. I am glad your boy is doing well now, and I do know some things in this world are out of your control no matter what you do. At least jose is pain free now I just wish I could have helped him. It’s like loosing a baby and I have also lost two dogs this year💔

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Ashley,

I am so sorry you lost Jose, bless him. My condolences for you.
The X-rays do show the liver to be somewhat enlarged but a blood test would have helped to
determine the AST values to see what could be going on. The liver does have regenerative
properties too.
His bones & spinal column looked good but maybe not as bright white on the pictures as they
should be. Could he have been impacted with something possibly?
I did send a short email, too.
I hate to hear that you have also lost 2 dogs this year too. Jose was very well loved & I'm sure
that he knew just how much you loved him. ❤️

Tracie

Amgonzo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
José
Hello Ashley,

I am so sorry you lost Jose, bless him. My condolences for you.
The X-rays do show the liver to be somewhat enlarged but a blood test would have helped to
determine the AST values to see what could be going on. The liver does have regenerative
properties too.
His bones & spinal column looked good but maybe not as bright white on the pictures as they
should be. Could he have been impacted with something possibly?
I did send a short email, too.
I hate to hear that you have also lost 2 dogs this year too. Jose was very well loved & I'm sure
that he knew just how much you loved him. ❤️

Tracie
Thank you Tracie I appreciate you looking over the X-ray. I wish the vet would have suggested to get blood work:(. She did however mention he could have had an impaction. I gave him regular warm baths and massages his tummy a few times a week. He would also poo in the water, so I don’t know if it ever passed. It didn’t seem like he had a hard time going to the bathroom.

I was also wondering since I don’t know Beardie anatomy, is that very large round thing on his right side his liver? It was very hard and felt very big to the touch. I also posted a few pictures to my thread the other day of the two lumps sticking out on the same side. He had one closer to his back leg and I wasn’t sure if that was an organ or what. I’ll post the pics again below.

Attachments

• IMG_5026.jpeg
    IMG_5026.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5027.jpeg
    IMG_5027.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 40

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Thank you Tracie I appreciate you looking over the X-ray. I wish the vet would have suggested to get blood work:(. She did however mention he could have had an impaction. I gave him regular warm baths and massages his tummy a few times a week. He would also poo in the water, so I don’t know if it ever passed. It didn’t seem like he had a hard time going to the bathroom.

I was also wondering since I don’t know Beardie anatomy, is that very large round thing on his right side his liver? It was very hard and felt very big to the touch. I also posted a few pictures to my thread the other day of the two lumps sticking out on the same side. He had one closer to his back leg and I wasn’t sure if that was an organ or what. I’ll post the pics again below.
I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard losing animals you love. I lost Two dogs and a gecko in one year before it is so hard to lose them. I've lost my rescue beardie to Parasites and I am so glad you were wanting to give him another chance of life.

May he Rest in peace 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom