BEARDIE NOT EATING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all i have a 6 month old female beardie that has suddenly stopped eating, i have a reptisun t8 with reflector inside the tank this is one month old and is directly behind the basking bulb above her as much as i can, inside the tank about 7in from her, i have a temp of 97f taken with infared gun and digital probe on the basking spot she is fussy and does not like it any hotter, she has been going off her food now for about a 2 weeks and usually ate very well she has very good poo healthy looking urate the only way to get her to eat is to force feed her she is healthy alert active drinking water on her nose regularly, i will add when she was eating she did not really like the calcium powder dusted on her bugs dubia roaches black crickets veggies, so i decided to buy some exo terra calcium liquid and liquid vits could this be the reason? i have tried calci worms on her veggies and trying to hand feed but she is not interested but she is not losing weight and is generally alert active and happy, shehas ceramic tile flooring recently she has also stopped sitting directly under her basking lamp and sits at the front of the tank off centre of the bulb, dimensions 115cm x 61cm x 50cm my phone is in for repair so cannot upload any pictures of her, the picture is of the same tank but copied off google

110267-1152259717.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I am assuming the T 8 is between 6-8 inches from the decor piece? It is not uncommon for them to slow down on her eating now - alot of them are not eating alot -- shes not eating anything at all or very little - I would watch her weight --- keep offering the food - I would look at upgrading your T 8 tho to a T 5 - for that size of tank I would recommend the T 5 ---

How long hasnt she been eating? try handfeeding and maybe waxworms or a hornworm, Has she had any problems before this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom