Beardie non stop glass surfing for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
My Bearded Dragon Hercules, keeps trying to get out of her tank, she has been doing it for almost a week now and I think shes bruised her nose as it looks a bit black. I keep letting her out and all she does is try to go under furniture mostly the couch. I put her in a plastic tub with some towels on the bottom and she was happy for a bit then tried to get out. It's currently Winter here and it's quite cold on our tiled floor, I would go for brumation considering she is trying to hide under things but she doesn't do it in her tank, she has plenty of things to go under and when I turn her lights off to see if it is brumation she just goes straight back under them waiting for them to turn back on. I'm not sure what to do here, I've given her more food yet she still tries to get out. It is also not her reflection as I have covered her tank with a blanket many many times and she still persists.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you set up a basking lamp in the room somewhere does she still try to hide under the couch? If they have a place to warm up a bit when out of the tank they tend to hide less often.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1vij8mg7 said:
If you set up a basking lamp in the room somewhere does she still try to hide under the couch? If they have a place to warm up a bit when out of the tank they tend to hide less often.

Well I don't have anything to set up a basking lamp in my lounge room, though she does like being in the sun.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LindseyStar":2nl81ul0 said:
What kind of lights, what size tank and how old is your dragon?

Her heat lamp is a 70watt flood light, I cannot remember the exact uvb light but I think it's an Arcadia 12%. Her tank is a little small just a tiny bit under the minimal size. I am in the process of building her a new tank which will hopefully be done sometime this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom